The swirls of doom!!!

northernuk

My partner has gone and washed her very dirty nearly new car (not Nissan) and in the sun it now has the most wonderful swirls catching the light :headhurt:

It is like a metalic azure blue and I want to have a go at polishing them out over time or at least lessening the effect. I don't want to use T-Cut as I have seen worse swirls made by over zealous use of it so wondering what the advice would be. Maybe when we well we will go get it buffed up but for now happy just to give it a polish regularly and see if that helps over time.

I am guessing a medium polish regularly applied would be much better than a harsh polish and elbow grease?

best way of getting swirls out of a car is paying for correction, once thats done its preventing the swirls thats the hard part,

Firstly clean and clay the car then i reccomend Poor Boys black hole for the job you want it, i'd concentrate more on masking up the swirls, which this is one of the best products for doing that, then give it a good layer of wax after,

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/glazes/po ... d_494.html

megs swirl x

its what i'm planning on attacking my car with at the weekend

Is this just a branding exercise and it is a good polish generally or is it to be used only for swirls and not for a car with perfect paint finish? Is it too abrasive for normal use? Looking for something to use on the Zed for normal polishing as well.

megs swirl x

its what i'm planning on attacking my car with at the weekend

Is this just a branding exercise and it is a good polish generally or is it to be used only for swirls and not for a car with perfect paint finish? Is it too abrasive for normal use? Looking for something to use on the Zed for normal polishing as well.

had it reccomended on other forums, i got it just for doing the swirls, i have lime and prime lite, for general use. but to be honest i don't polish that often. only do it maybe once a year. but as i have a new car; its been well cared for and cleaned regularly, but just not cleaned detail style. and becuase its black it just needs a once over.

i also have their megs plastic x to fix the drivers headlight which has a slight misting to the top edge.

when i do the clean i'll do a full detail and write it up for the forum. from what i gather the paint isn't as thin as on the nissan but i might be wrong.

I would start with Poorboys SSR1 and see how that goes. It is a great product and if it is just surface swirls will help remove / fill them. :)

The SSR range is great stuff. Start with SSR1 as Rob suggests and you can work up to SSR2 and SSR2.5 if required. Personally, if applying by hand, I would just jump straight in with SSR2 as working by hand doesnt really work the polish hard. One of the benefits of SSR is it doesnt have fillers, so when you get rid of the swirls, they are gone, not just hidden until you wash the car :)

No it was for the OP Rich, I think its good to know what standard of paint we are talking about, we all know they vary from one manufacturer to the next.

Dont get so paranoid Rich. :lol:

not paranoid, still need to find out how thick mine is.

I would start with Poorboys SSR1 and see how that goes. It is a great product and if it is just surface swirls will help remove / fill them. :)

The SSR range is great stuff. Start with SSR1 as Rob suggests and you can work up to SSR2 and SSR2.5 if required. Personally, if applying by hand, I would just jump straight in with SSR2 as working by hand doesnt really work the polish hard. One of the benefits of SSR is it doesnt have fillers, so when you get rid of the swirls, they are gone, not just hidden until you wash the car :)

Yep, and then use either White Diamond or Black Hole glaze. Gives an amazing finish IMO. :)