Warranty help!! lots of work needed

350zdriver

I have just got an 05 UK gt and have a few issues. Is it ok to just drive into the dealership and tell them to do the work because it is under 3 years old?

Here are a list of things i need doing (i'm picky)...

BOSE stereo jumps - apparently common

clicking rear axle - again common

clutch cover or release bearing noisy - quite common, needs sorting, car only done 13k and clutch fine!

ESP button pushed into the dash the first time i tried to turn it off!!

steering wheel slightly off centre (incorrect tracking at the factory)

rattle behind the dash in the centre - annoying!

If i go in and give them the list will they just check that it's all true and fix the niggles even though the car is second hand?

Let me know your successes with similar issues. It would be nice to get them all sorted so i can just enjoy the driving!

Regards

Rob

:welcome: Rob

There has been lots of sucess with BOSE replacement, clicking rear axle. A search on the forum will show this. What may happen is that they do a inspection and then you have to wait for a while while the parts are ordered.

Not had the problem with the ESP button going into the dash but had it with the fuel cap release button. Very easy to sort. Just a bit fiddly and shouldn't need a replacement button.

Hope to see you around. Live in Altrincham and drive down chester road daily. What colour Z have you got?

Also a nice Wales day trip out if you fancy it. Its an excellent day

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3640

My car has the clutch problem aswell I took it in this morning and they told me there reluctent to take the gearbox out at this stage and too come back in six weeks so they can have a proper look at it and spend a few days on it.

They claim this is because the ratteling noise is nt loud enough yet so will be difficult to diagnose?

As long as it gets fixed before the warrenty runs out I will be happy.

tell them you have had it inspected by an independant garage and they can confirm that the noise is either the release bearing or the springs in the cover, so they should replace those two. Make a point of telling them that the clutch itself is fine qand doesn't slip (so they can't play the 'you've hammered it' approach).

At the end of the day, mine has only done 13k on an 05reg so theres no way it should be rattling, neither should yours. Let me know how you get on and i will do the same. Don't let the stealers win!

Rob

guys are we sure it's not the "normal rattling" once you release the clutch while stationary?

This happens on mine (2004). Rattling stops when i have the clutch pressed in(rattlting is quite). Sometimes i dont hear it when ive just started the car, just notice it when coming back from journeys. Clutch also vibrates a bit when 1st pressed (1/4 way pressed).

Noticed these first month after purchase.

Still under warrenty and wondering weather to take it in cos hate people at the garage!

guys are we sure it's not the "normal rattling" once you release the clutch while stationary?

This happens on mine (2004). Rattling stops when i have the clutch pressed in(rattlting is quite). Sometimes i dont hear it when ive just started the car, just notice it when coming back from journeys. Clutch also vibrates a bit when 1st pressed (1/4 way pressed).

Noticed these first month after purchase.

Still under warrenty and wondering weather to take it in cos hate people at the garage!

that's the clutch "judder" and I don't think there's anything you can do about it, my car is the same. That's not a fault afaik

Just picked mine up from garage today after looking in to the axle and creaking clutch. Was told the axle would cost £120+vat to do the 180 flip or £600+vat to be replaced.:scare: Clutch was told they would need to remove gear assembly to assess problem and I would need to pay for their time to give me a price for repair. I have no problem with gears sliping just a creaking. Is it possible/probably this is the release bearing or springs causing this?

Just picked mine up from garage today after looking in to the axle and creaking clutch. Was told the axle would cost £120+vat to do the 180 flip or £600+vat to be replaced.:scare: Clutch was told they would need to remove gear assembly to assess problem and I would need to pay for their time to give me a price for repair. I have no problem with gears sliping just a creaking. Is it possible/probably this is the release bearing or springs causing this?

is your car out of warranty? or is it a JDM?

i'm just off the a56 in sale near sainsburys, i've got a silver/grey 05 reg with black leather. I saw you the other day, yours looks very nice.

Where's the nearest dealer then? i'm going to go down and have a polite whinge!

regards

Rob

These guys come recommended but if you go to Nissan.co.uk you can do a search for dealers there.

Lythgoe Nissan

Manchester Road

Bolton

BL3 2RY

Tel: 01204 360600

Fax: 01204 362501

I have just got an 05 UK gt and have a few issues. Is it ok to just drive into the dealership and tell them to do the work because it is under 3 years old?

Here are a list of things i need doing (i'm picky)...

BOSE stereo jumps - apparently common

clicking rear axle - again common

clutch cover or release bearing noisy - quite common, needs sorting, car only done 13k and clutch fine!

ESP button pushed into the dash the first time i tried to turn it off!!

steering wheel slightly off centre (incorrect tracking at the factory)

rattle behind the dash in the centre - annoying!

If i go in and give them the list will they just check that it's all true and fix the niggles even though the car is second hand?

Let me know your successes with similar issues. It would be nice to get them all sorted so i can just enjoy the driving!

Regards

Rob

Wow-you got the whole lot there - you been saving them up to get done all in one go?!

I was lucky myself, I bought my Z second hand and I figure that the previous owner must have done all the leg-work to get all the warranty issues sorted out - the only warranty issue I have had to deal with is corrosion on the Rays, which will be dealt with in the next couple of weeks.

Get12

tell them you have had it inspected by an independant garage and they can confirm that the noise is either the release bearing or the springs in the cover, so they should replace those two. Make a point of telling them that the clutch itself is fine qand doesn't slip (so they can't play the 'you've hammered it' approach).

At the end of the day, mine has only done 13k on an 05reg so theres no way it should be rattling, neither should yours. Let me know how you get on and i will do the same. Don't let the stealers win!

Rob

I ll let you know how I get on got going to try another dealer first though.

I thought it was release bearing aswell.

Is this a standard feature then minel?

I dont want to be charged if they take the gearbox out :scare:

Are all the warranty issues we have on Uk cars applicable to JDM's? eg Do JDM's get clicky axles?

No......... :p

Failing boot struts? :wacko:

No.......... :)

Any at all? Or did the previous owner do all yours?

Dont know Sarnie . he's in Japan B)

but honestly speaking I have had no issues with mine at all. ( bar stone chipping. there was none on the car until I got it!. I put this down to our poor road surface. and the fact the Japanense must drive very slowly on billiard table smooth roads) I dont consider this a real problem as I have had a lot worse on other makes I have had including Porsche

Are all the warranty issues we have on Uk cars applicable to JDM's? eg Do JDM's get clicky axles?

but honestly speaking I have had no issues with mine at all. ( bar stone chipping. there was none on the car until I got it!. I put this down to our poor road surface. and the fact the Japanense must drive very slowly on billiard table smooth roads) I dont consider this a real problem as I have had a lot worse on other makes I have had including Porsche

Just curious as to why jdm's wouldn't suffer from the same stuff as uk owners? :wacko::surrender:

Just curious as to why jdm's wouldn't suffer from the same stuff as uk owners? :wacko::surrender:

Obviously its you rough arsed UK owners ragging the bloody things to death. whereas the Japs treat there cars with respect :teeth: