New clutch+Fly wheel and remap

gazhull8474

As the title says got my car booked in 7th and 8th of July to get a bit of work done with Abbey. Would like to thank Alex in advance for the clutch and flywheel. Havent even left the car in yet with Abbey and i am already pleased with there service managed to sort out a courtesy car for me and recommended accommodation close by.

Have a power flow exhaust fitted along with a k&n typhoon kit looking forward to seeing the results after the remap.

Will let you all know when i receive the car back.

Search is your friend. 10HP/10ft-lb roughly, but that translates to a much different drive as you can imagine, it doesnt add much to top end, but its across the range that you gain.

Are you going with a lightweight flywheel? That plus the remap will make the car feel like a beast in comparison :drive1:teeth:

As the title says got my car booked in 7th and 8th of July to get a bit of work done with Abbey. Would like to thank Alex in advance for the clutch and flywheel. Havent even left the car in yet with Abbey and i am already pleased with there service managed to sort out a courtesy car for me and recommended accommodation close by.

Have a power flow exhaust fitted along with a k&n typhoon kit looking forward to seeing the results after the remap.

Will let you all know when i receive the car back.

Anything thats not drop in filter and standard airbox (funel type in he +06 airbox is better) will loose you power.

What is the power flow exhaust? (catback, hfc's + catback, endbox?) I'd get abbey to throw on a plenum spacer too! (not sure what year your car is so dependning if it's uprev or not you might need the lower collector too to notice any difference) I Depending what the exhaust is you might see more then 10hp/10torq. A spacer will do similar gains so why no get one ... get one ... did I say get one? :evil:

:dance:

Yeah i going with the package that alex sells on here the light fly wheel and excedy clutch. Looking forward to feeling the response more in the gears.

Fidanza flywheel?

I would imagine so coming from Alex ;)

The powerflow is from the cat back im tempted to get a plenum fitted as well Andlid if you recommend them so much lol. Im going to email them in a bit. My car is a 54 plate JDM.

Plenum spacer is a must with a re-map I would say. A lot more mid range grunt!! :thumbs:

The powerflow is from the cat back im tempted to get a plenum fitted as well Andlid if you recommend them so much lol. Im going to email them in a bit. My car is a 54 plate JDM.

B) oh yeah, you'll ask Mark to get rid of the limiter too... get a standard 06 airbox and a drop in filter sell the other yoke on ebay to cover the cost of the plenum spacer, they do have the lower spacers too but not sure if they give any gains since dyno sheets of the effect on this are far and few between... get some decats while your at it :lol: The spacer I used gave a nice torq feel midrange and a different breathing sound. B)

calling Mark in Abbey for my 10% comission ;)

Yup, get the plugs done. Officially they are meant to be done at 54k miles or 5yrs, but BigPhil always told me that they were on their way out before that, suggested doing them at the 45k miles service.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah i going with the package that alex sells on here the light fly wheel and excedy clutch. Looking forward to feeling the response more in the gears.

You must be one of the 7 guys booked in this week with Abbey.

I was there last thursday had the same set up fitted from alex but I didnt get the remap .....yet ;)

You will love the new setup, if your gears are even a little stiff get them to change the gearbox oil too, alex suggested this as I had some vibration in 5th and now its sooooo smooooth :D