Service rip off!

Marios

It's time for a service again I believe it's the big one this time, however my local Nissan are doing these special offer services at fixed priced so I can get a gold service for £299 but they advised me that it would not include the platinum spark plugs

I advised to call me back with the price for fitting the plugs as well and she came back with £220 just to fit and provide the spark plugs!!! She taking the **** or what???

I'm sure I can buy the plugs for £20!

£220 jesus + another £220 for plugs!

i was quoted £80 to do the service oil change etc.. for spark plug change i am estimating another £100 for the plugs themselved (good quality ones recommened on here + costs of putting them in)

But then again, not sure what "gold" service means...

FWIW, I just bought a set of Denso Iridium plugs from Opie for about £50.

And you are talking 2 hours max to change them on their own. :thumbs:

It takes two hours to change the spark plugs???

FWIW, I just bought a set of Denso Iridium plugs from Opie for about £50.

And you are talking 2 hours max to change them on their own. :thumbs:

It takes two hours to change the spark plugs???

MAX!! I was giving you worst case scenario of 2 hours labour plus the price of plugs to give you a better idea of cost. :teeth:

Where are you based? Down south, a P3 will run you in somwhere around £250, and spark plugs you should be able to have done for £120, thats what I paid on my old Zed when I had a P3 and plug change done at the same time at a main dealer ;)

Where are you based? Down south, a P3 will run you in somwhere around £250, and spark plugs you should be able to have done for £120, thats what I paid on my old Zed when I had a P3 and plug change done at the same time at a main dealer ;)

im in West Midlands.

Do i actually need a spark plug change my car has done 44k and is three years old?

im in West Midlands.

Do i actually need a spark plug change my car has done 44k and is three years old?

54k or 5 years is the recommended plug change time...I'm doing mine at around 40k and 4.5 years. :thumbs:

im in West Midlands.

54k or 5 years is the recommended plug change time...I'm doing mine at around 40k and 4.5 years. :thumbs:

Might wait a while to get them changed then!

im in West Midlands.

Contact CS a trader on here. He will be able to sort you out spark plugs and fitting. I just had my P3 with him and had all fluids changed, belts and plugs. He will sort you out. :thumbs:

im in West Midlands.

Contact CS a trader on here. He will be able to sort you out spark plugs and fitting. I just had my P3 with him and had all fluids changed, belts and plugs. He will sort you out. :thumbs:

yeah he has given me a good price, as I have an impending holiday and road tax in the next month I may have to wait and just do my service and then have them fitted afterwards.

I just heard back from the garage (expecting to have my plugs changed in my service) he said that they had a look at them and he thought they might have been changed earlier as they didnt need changing so recommened to me to wait to next service.

What does everyone else think? Should i just ask them to change anyway? or go with his recomendation (he is trusted(has always done good work for me before))