Carried out a full DIY service

trackpig

Hi all

I have just carried out a full service (P3) on the 350 and have to say, the car is a pleasure to work on.

I replaced the follow fluids- diff oil, g/box oil, engine coolant, brake fluid, engine oil and filter. The two drive belts on the engine were replaced and the brake pads swopped for yellow stuff. I also have the spark plugs to replace but I ran out of time on the day.

The only problem was removing the lower cover under the engine- its a shame that Nissan dont add a little copper slip to the fixing bolts when refitting. This would stop the bolts seizing and spliting the plastic next time the cover is removed :thumbdown:

I used some of the guides on the forum (thanks) along with the service manual to help me along the way. The brake pad change is so much easier compare to what I am used to (BMW M3 brakes)

The car is nearly ready for its 3000mile euro trip this summer B)

The air filter was clean, it was only replaced 4k miles ago so I left it ( I am thinking about an after market panel filter also). Oil filter was replaced.

I have just change the spark plugs today. That was a little more fiddley- I even removed the strut brace to get access!

Ive just been out to check its all running sweet and to start bedding the brakes in. All good so far.

• 1 year later...

Another DIY service carried out-

Engine oil, oil filter, air filter, PAS oil, diff oil, brake fluid bleed, Hand brake shoe and lever adjust.

All is well but I did notice my brake pads have worn in a tapered fashion- the front inner pads have around 3mm at one edge and 5mm at the other edge. The outer pads look fine.

I may refurb the calipers next but a new set of pads is on the shopping list.

Bluestuff are awesome but I think due to the amount of heat they take the calipers get warmer than they would with yellowstuff.

If you swap them round they won't bed right and squeal all the time. I found that out quickly

Those under tray bolts and clips are a bloody pain in the bum. I cant understand their thinking (that's assuming they were) using steel bolts and clips mounted on plastic parts in an area exposed to the elements and needing to be removed regularly for maintenance!

Most of mine were damaged during garage servicing and they used ty wraps to hold bits together on completion. I've since renewed them all, some needing to be drilled out, and plastered them with grease.