Top speed?

Stew

People keep asking me "How fast does it go" too.

I dont know why but it really annoys me :rant:, who really cares what the top speed is anyway. Cant they think of anything more interesting to ask? You cant get anywhere near it on a public road or most circuits!

The final drive on the Gearbox is set for 172. However some of us cant find the limiter. I work with GPS timing and tracking equipment and regularly see 161 162 on GPS, whch has the cars speedo indicating 168. We found the car to be about 4.2% innacurate.

The final drive on the Gearbox is set for 172. However some of us cant find the limiter. I work with GPS timing and tracking equipment and regularly see 161 162 on GPS, whch has the cars speedo indicating 168. We found the car to be about 4.2% innacurate.
Thats a good innacuracy rating!

Its all about how to get up to the speed i feel, top speed should never be used on public roads or on private roads in uncontrolled situations.

God i sound like my Dad! :wacko:

172 will do fine. It's just so next time someone says

'oi mister, how fast does it go?'

I can give a definitive answer. Thanks very much!

That definative answer being - faster than your moped!:p

I get that all the time when i go to meets etc.

"dude, how fast does that Rover go?"

"umm starters its an MG you twiddle, 2nd faster then you after being thrown off a cliff!!!"

Its all about how to get up to the speed i feel, top speed should never be used on public roads or on private roads in uncontrolled situations.

I would dissagree Im quite fond of munching the miles on the Autobahns, make long distance light work!! :p

(I know what you meant, I just couldnt resist)

My best so far is Nurburg to Calais in 3.5 hours..........Including stops!!!! :scare:

I would dissagree Im quite fond of munching the miles on the Autobahns, make long distance light work!! :p

(I know what you meant, I just couldnt resist)

My best so far is Nurburg to Calais in 3.5 hours..........Including stops!!!! :scare:

I should change my post to UK roads and motorways :teeth:

But is it not still frowned upon?

Guest prescience

I think its sets to top out at 184 IIRC

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=331

I'm doing a day at Millbrook next friday with the otherside (no comments please), l will post a follow up of my high speed bowl experience

You will not Vmax on the bowl. As someone who has been round it, you will @*!# yourself first before you find Vmax. (wait untill you hit "the ridge" ) In additon to this the fact that you are on a curve will limit your top speed. They say for every 1mph over 150 on it equates to 5 on the flat (or someting like that at least)

I've done an indicated 160 around the bowl in a PPP STI, felt fine also 160+ (not sure as I was concentrating hard on driving) in an NSX - possibly 170/80.

The gabs/ridges between the concrete slabs that make up the surface hammer the sh1t out of the car, your back and your concentration though.

I think its sets to top out at 184 IIRC

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=331

Not tempted to see what yours will do before you flog it, Dorian? B)