How does your brake pedal feel?

SteveW

After having a bit of a play today in a mates Clio Sport I was quite surprised how completely different his brake pedal feels to mine which got me wondering is this how the brake pedal should be in the Zed.

Basically with the engine running I can press the pedal a long way and would say it feels quite soft until near the end of the travel, I don't need to apply much pressure to stop and only a few mm of movement when driving normally.

If the engine is off the first time the brake pedal is pressed it is fairly hard at the end of its travel (it doesn't go anywhere near as far as it does when the engine is running - obviously this is to do with the servo assistance).

If I press the brake pedal a few times it pumps up to being rock solid and hardly moves - this is how the brake pedal felt in my mates clio with the engine running which to be honest I preffered.

So how should the Zeds brakes feel?

Cheers

Steve

mine is the same as yours. The Z has a good servo and that is what you are feeling until you pump the brakes with the engine off and the vacum is released.

I also drive an rs6 and the pedal in that again feels different. The Z feels more solid. Every car will be different but as Husky says change the brake pipes to Hell or Goodridge and you will notice an improvement ;)

Its not how it feels when stationary but how they get you stopped :teeth:

Thanks guys thats good to know everyones feels like mine!

Its been that long since I drove anything else I couldn't remember how they felt and when I jumped in the Clio it set the bells ringing.

I've already got the 'fancy fluid' :lol: but I will be getting some braided lines when money allows.Hopefully before the next trackday I've got booked at Cadwell Park.

Thanks

Steve