TheBose and iPod.......again.

mrobinson2

Right before you send me away to use the search function, i already have and not found the answer i was looking for. :teeth:

This morning after giving the car a quick was i thought i would try my ipod touch with the bose as we are about to do a 200 mile round trip in the zed. I put the cassette adaptor in the deck, and it showed 'side 1' on the display, then cycled through to 'side 2' then back again, then spat the tape out and the display read 'error'. :rant:

why is it doing that? I used the tape adaptor in the celica for years with no problems at all. Why will the bose not take it? :shrug:

ta

mine dies that too sometimes, I believe it's common. Try holding the lead tought when loading the cassette, seems to do the trick on mine. Also try and hold it slightly higher than the cassette deck until it settles on side 1.

why is it doing that? I used the tape adaptor in the celica for years with no problems at all. Why will the bose not take it? :shrug:

ta

There's some members who have hard wired an IPOD connection into their BOSE Head Unit ... Infact there are a number of guides somewhere and it doesn't look difficult ..

It'd be a lot better than having to use the tape method ... just a thought ..

:thumbs:

It happens to me too mate.

If I remember correctly, you need to Push in the tape & turn it off straight away. Connect your iPod & start a song, then switch the Head unit back on. Think this is how I do it . . . bloomin' annoying though lol

ta

There's some members who have hard wired an IPOD connection into their BOSE Head Unit ... Infact there are a number of guides somewhere and it doesn't look difficult ..

It'd be a lot better than having to use the tape method ... just a thought ..

:thumbs:

Even this way the Iphone will not work and it does not detect the phono lead connected in the headphone socket as I have tried it :wacko:

but my Blackberry works perfectly :yahoo::yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...
It happens to me too mate.

If I remember correctly, you need to Push in the tape & turn it off straight away. Connect your iPod & start a song, then switch the Head unit back on. Think this is how I do it . . . bloomin' annoying though lol

You're a legend mate, that works a treat. Now I don't have to listen to that bloody cd player skipping all the time. Nice one.

Doesnt anyone use the F.M transmitters? i must say i havent tried mine with the bose but it works with my other car radios.

I tried using one of these but I had a couple of problems. One being my radio's still on Japanese bandwidths lol so my "scan" is very limited, secondly I noticed a lot of the sound isn't there. The Bass was almost non existent! So I went for the messier tape adaptor. Just gotta save for a new unit :headhurt:

• 3 weeks later...
Mine does the same thing, but when I turn it on I have to turn the sound down and hold the tape or the music comes on really loud. I also have to move the tape around to adjust the quality> Any1 else have this problem?

Adjust the volume on your iphone.

I have mine at about 3/4 form max on the phone. Then just adjust the head unit's volume to suit.

I found that if I had the Phone up max & adjusted the head unit from that, it sounded bad. Likewise if I put the phone volume to low, it sounded crap. I found 3/4 to max was the most pleasing . . .