Loose Driver Window - Still after reset!

Gizmo-R

Having done a window reset I still have wind noise at high speed (touching 3 figure sum for speed)

One thing I have noticed on drivers is when the window is wound right down and I open and close the door the window rattles quite bad with a kinda of squelch noise. This isn't apparant on the passenger side door

The noise I think is coming towards the side closest to the outside door handle.

Has anyone had this problem and know what the root cause is and how to rectify it??

Cheers :thumb:

Having done a window reset I still have wind noise at high speed (touching 3 figure sum for speed)

One thing I have noticed on drivers is when the window is wound right down and I open and close the door the window rattles quite bad with a kinda of squelch noise. This isn't apparant on the passenger side door

The noise I think is coming towards the side closest to the outside door handle.

Has anyone had this problem and know what the root cause is and how to rectify it??

Cheers :thumb:

Take your door card off and have a look. ;)

I had to do this not long since, dead simple; pop the door card off and tighten the mounting bolts. Easy way to check which bit needs tightening is plug the switch back in with the door card off and move it up / down a bit, it'll become dead obvious :thumbs:

I had to do this not long since, dead simple; pop the door card off and tighten the mounting bolts. Easy way to check which bit needs tightening is plug the switch back in with the door card off and move it up / down a bit, it'll become dead obvious :thumbs:

Would it be the 3 bolts that secure the glass to the mechanism that you tightened or the actual mechanism secure to the door that requires tightening?

Cheer and thanks for the tips

Thanks for this!

I know there are 3 bolts which are revealed that secure the window to the mech when you wind the window down

As for the securing of the mech itself, I'm assuming none of the bolts are concealed (bar the discs maybe?)

UPDATE on this:

Fixed! :yahoo:

Issue was I found that the glass needed adjusting. It sat a touch lower on the side closer to the handle so had to loosen the bolts on the right securing the window to the running and pushing up a touch!

The screeching was the edge of the window rubbing againt a part of the metal on the door itself! So when the window was all the way down and I close the door it would rub against the metal edge!