Use of mobile abroad

nixy

Can anyone answer me this - me and Markie both in france, both on orange, both have Blackberry

Our phones have both picked up the same network but he has full signal and I have no signal! How come?

I checked that and both are the same! Markie sends hugs (only for Dave) haha

Dont know then. Have you tried powering it down and back on again? Might be worth taking the battery out as well for a couple of mins. :)

We are both on contract. I would say that mine is simply just not set up at all but it did once or twice get a brief few seconds of signal. Oh well thank god for dads wifi connection!!

We are both on contract. I would say that mine is simply just not set up at all but it did once or twice get a brief few seconds of signal. Oh well thank god for dads wifi connection!!

Take the battery out for a bit Nixy and then re-boot the phone ;)

Hey Nixy I might be able to help here. When I went to the Alps snowboarding back in March, there are 3 different networks we kept auto swapping between, I can't remember the names of them, but you MUST have a certain roaming selected off as they will try and access your net on the phone without you actually realising, guess it's some verification thing going on, turn it off otherwise your next bill could be heart attack material! I am with 3 Mobile and my mate is with O2 and I had better signal than him, if your company haven't set up for these french networks then you will have no signal and won't be able to use your phone for anything other than pics! :p ...providing you have a cam :lol:

Hope that helps! :)