Sunset Orange 350z - For Sale...

Gervais

Picked up my new exhaust earlier, Not been keen on the k1 cans but the price was too good to turn down and was quite local to me so thought i may aswell try it and give it a go :)

IMG00123201006182111.jpg

Covered all the bolts in wd40 last night then Got up at 6 to fit it before work took it for a drive to heat it all up then got back and sprayed it somemore but i forgot to buy a deep 14mm socket yesterday :doh: so waited till the shops open and picked one up, rear box bolts are loose and only took about 5 mins without jacking the car up. Hoping to finish it when i get home tonight B)

Fitted it yesterday and had the bungs out last night and all i can say is Balls out loud is ****ing ridiculous! x 1 milliiioioooooon:lol: Won't be able to drive it like that all the time :lol:

Heres a few pics, didnt get any during fitting though as i thought i would have trouble doing it but everything went ok :cool:

Picked exhaust up friday from kent.

Got home and soaked the four bolts i would need to remove with wd40 while the system was still warm.

Soaked them again before i went to bed.

Woke up at half 5 to try and fit before work.

Sprayed the bolts again.

Went for a drive to heat it all up a bit.

Got back and sprayed it again.

realised i didnt have any deep sockets :facepalm:

went to b&q at 7 and they didnt have any either :facepalm:

Sprayed the bolts again :lol:

Went to a local tool shop and got some deep sockets.

Got home and sprayed them again :lol:

Didnt have much time left by this point so i thought i'd try to loosen the two back box bolts before work to see what the horror stories were all about.

Put the socket on and one kick each and they were both loose :cool:

while undoing them i keept tightening them a bit so not to damage the threads.

That took about 10 mins all in so thought i was onto a winner :cool:

did them back up and sprayed the Y pipe bolts then went to work.

Got home from work and...you guessed it..... sprayed the Y pipe bolts again :lol:

Borrowed some ramps and a big jack from my neighbour.

put the socket on the y pipe bolts and kicked once and they were off in 10 mins.

Total time was up to about 25 mins so thought brilliant I'll have this done in about an hour altogether :cool:

WRONG :lol:

The rubbers on the back box are the most awkward mafuggas i have come across in my life! :lol: Took me an hour to get them off and that with a mate helping :facepalm:

Once they were off we put everything on loosely to try and get the cans to sit right.

Need to work on getting the right side up more but there is a metal cover/box there so need to work something out.

Once i was happy we tightened it all up.

Started it up with the bungas in to check for leaks and it was louder than standard with nice burbles and pops but not too bad.

No leaks so then removed the bungs and started it up....

HOLY CRAP was it loud! :lol:

Got my mate to drive it round the block and i heard him all the way round! :lol:

sounds really deep down low but awesome from 3.5k up when floored :cool:

Any way enough of the rambling heres some pics.

Old and new for comparison.

IMG00124201006191649.jpg

IMG00123201006182111.jpg

before

Photo0124.jpg

And fitted.

IMG00126201006192021.jpg

IMG00127201006192021.jpg

IMG00128201006192021.jpg

IMG00129201006192021.jpg

IMG00130201006200813.jpg

IMG00131201006200813.jpg

IMG00132201006200813.jpg

Doesnt look as bad as I thought so will probably be staying on but with the bungs in most of the time! :lol:

Looks good :thumbs:

When you look at it from certain angles it looks ace and then in some it doesn't!

Prefer it if cans were a bit longer but nevertheless good job and enjoy being deaf! Suppose its good for drowning out the wife when she is on the rant in the car!

Thanks Tom :thumbs:

Put the bungs in tonight as I took them out before fitting, they have made it much more sensible to drive around in yet still loud and the v6 burble when you put your foot down :yahoo:

Only got a crap vid on my phone of the bungs in, the other vids are on a mates cam so will upload them when he has them off.

Heres a very rubbish vid :lol:

Yeah i know what you mean about the different angles! :lol:

Drowns out my own thoughts girlf isn't impressed! :| :lol:

Sorry, but I think you have ruined the car with that exhaust. A Nismo or Motordyne that looks similar to the standard exhaust looks much better and probably performs better too. Why people want to turn a nice car like the 350Z into a Chav's wagon is beyond me.... :thumbdown:

It was also no where near the price of the nismo either. A cat back system on it's own wont make much of a difference to performance either. Don't worry you're welcome to your opinion and as i have said it's not the style I wanted but it was a very good price so there is no harm in having it on for now :) I will be getting something more subtle in the future and this will be used to help fund it B)

• 4 weeks later...

Main things.

(54 plate) 2004 - 40k miles

Very tidy!

6 months Nissan extended warranty (Rear CV's and Bose recently replaced under it.)

7 months tax

MOT til December.

Will get a more detailed for sale thread up today or tomorrow.