problem with sound

mickeymoo100

Does anybody know of a system fitted with headers and decats that sounds good. I've got the japspeed k2 system fitted and it doesn't sound great. There's a dc sports system on ebay running two systems the length of the car that looks great, but has anyone experience with this. Cheers Mike. :headhurt:

you tube might give you a good starting point.

i had a true dual but it wasn't uber loud. mine was the invidia

dc sports is mean to be good.

decats might help although i found it starts to get more raspy, HFC's are a better compromise.

Mine IMO :)

That was with DC headers, Japspeed decats, Ichiba Y-pipe & Greddy exhaust :)

Beware of headers though, get decent ones because they are not something that you want to be taking on and off a lot

agree with Ian, avoid the japspeed header unless you plan to get something like the motordyne xyz pipe instead of usual y pipe.

reason being that they have built in decats, and come mot time you'll either need an understanding mot centre or an alternative way of putting a cat back in like the xyz pipe.

personally i'd go with well know brands. if the welds go its a good 12 hours of labour to swap them over. if not more. and at a minimum of 35 quid an hour your looking at minimum of about 420 quid fitting cost. budget that ontop of the header as well.

with some your looking at nearly a grands worth of outlay for a possible 6 - 10 bhp at most thats about 100 pound per bhp. not massivly cost effective.

Mine took 10 hours to install :surrender: (I was planning on doing it on axle stands :lol: I think id still be there now)

I did gain power though, I gained 13hp with headers, stock intake refitted & plenum spacer removed :)

You need to really want them though before doing it, I only did it because of the rediculous deal I got on mine

Mine IMO :)

That was with DC headers, Japspeed decats, Ichiba Y-pipe & Greddy exhaust :)

Beware of headers though, get decent ones because they are not something that you want to be taking on and off a lot

:scare: hahahaha thats stupidly loud :D

I've got the Nismo Cat Back Exhaust, used to have it with Japspeed Resonated De-cats and it sounded good but had a really loud raspy noise through the gear range at 3500rpm. Ended up splitting them wide open on a speed bump as my cars so low, ended up investing a little more with the Kenetic Resonated De-cats, and now the car sounds amazing plus I've managed to get rid of that raspy noise. Go 100% with Nismo if you want to keep the original deep V6 deep burble sound.