HELP PLEASE, WON'T START I THINK CRANK SENSOR

mickeymoo100

HEY GUYS, CARS ON THE WEEKEND LOOKED MINT, SAW THEM IN CHIRK AT THE MORETON.

I,VE CHANGED MY CLUTCH AND FLYWHEEL. WHEN I TRIED TO START IT UP IT WOULD NOT START. IT JUST KEEPS TURNING OVER AND DOESN'T FIRE. IF YOU TAKE THE CRANK SENSOR OUT IT WILL EVENTUALLY START BUT RUN ROUGH WITH ENGINE LIGHT ON + THE TRACTION CONTROL LIGHT ON. TRIED RESETTING ECU NO LUCK. HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM, PLEASE HELP.

CHEERS MIKE.

HEY GUYS, CARS ON THE WEEKEND LOOKED MINT, SAW THEM IN CHIRK AT THE MORETON.

I,VE CHANGED MY CLUTCH AND FLYWHEEL. WHEN I TRIED TO START IT UP IT WOULD NOT START. IT JUST KEEPS TURNING OVER AND DOESN'T FIRE. IF YOU TAKE THE CRANK SENSOR OUT IT WILL EVENTUALLY START BUT RUN ROUGH WITH ENGINE LIGHT ON + THE TRACTION CONTROL LIGHT ON. TRIED RESETTING ECU NO LUCK. HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM, PLEASE HELP.

CHEERS MIKE.

What year is your car and what type of fly did you fit?

Alex.

Thanks dan, the flywheel will only fit one way round. as you look at it like a clock say, is it meant to be fitted a 3 o'clock, 6,9 or 12 or something. there was no fitting instructions. it was an F1 racing one from america. Thanks so much for your reply. Just thankful to know what the problem is. :thumbs:

All I know is that I had the same issue with my Fidanza one, exactly the same symptoms and after a bit of digging that was the solution. I had a garage fit mine so that's why the exact details are a bit hazy! :lol:

The Fidanza fly comes with two fitment options.

On the end of the crank there is a small dowell pin.

On the inside of the Fidanza fly there are two small holes.

One hole is marked front and the other is marked rear.

What this means is that front wheel drive cars like Maxima or Altima the dowell pin locates to the hole marked front and the rear wheel drive cars like 350Z, G35, G37 the dowell pin locates to the hole marked rear.

Get this wrong and the car will not start as the timing will be "out".

If this is the case then the only remedy is to pull the box and fit the fly properly.

I have no 1st hand knowledge of the American F1 fly that you fitted but I would assume that there would be similar fitment options.

Hope this helps.

Alex.

Hi alex, thanks for the reply. The fly wasn't flat on both sides, it was concave on one side as if there were no option to flip it. Could it be that it might need bolting on in a particular stud pattern for the sensor to pick up signal in the correct order. Thanks again.

Mike :thumbs:

Hi alex, thanks for the reply. The fly wasn't flat on both sides, it was concave on one side as if there were no option to flip it. Could it be that it might need bolting on in a particular stud pattern for the sensor to pick up signal in the correct order. Thanks again.

Mike :thumbs:

Yes mate, that is exactly what I was trying to say in my previous post. :thumbs: