NAMED AND SHAMED GARAGE DEALER ..........FYI

p4ulk

Evening All, :)

After an amazin weekend out in my zed.... :drive1 we passing through a local village a noticed an yellow GT4 ( no 35 ) for sale in the window.

After stoppin to have a look ,i must say with only 17000 miles, the car was mint like new and came with a price tag of £16999.

http://www.stephenjamescars.co.uk/12903/stock.htm

ALthough the car's not got the orginal rims on, the dealer said for an extra £800 i can have the orginal alloys aswell as he also got them with the car.

Now as i now am a proud owner of a gt4 in yellow after recent looking around, i came out thinking am sure i've seen this car advertised else were, as i remembered the tag no.

Looking on pistonheads earlier, it seems the guy who orginal had the car in merseyside, had it for sale with the alloys, 22 days ago for £14750

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1689006.htm

£2000 / £3000 extra for the same car with just a valet ???????? you tell me.... :bangin:

Anyways, glad to see everyone had a great weekend in wales and sorry i missed out.... lookin forward to catchin you guys on next meet. :thumbs:

Sorry, but this thread is all kinds of wrong. You were happy to pay the asking price (which wasn't an unrealistic one at that) and the previous owner was happy to sell for his price. The garage saw an opportunity and took it, and there is nothing wrong with that. He took the risk that the car wouldn't sell, and was fortunate enough to find a buyer at his price.

As for the wheels, how many people on here sell their other wheels seperate from the car? Any issues with that? Slightly different, yes, but similar principle. This thread is needlessly damaging a garages innocent reputation, and that's bang out of order. It's called business, live with it.

i suppose my title's a bit harsh..... :bang:

after reading what i put and the reply's , i can understand garages trying to make a living,

just glad that i bought my at a reasonable price and not that one. would have been gutted to have paid the premium...

i thought this post was gonna be about a bad experiance, to be fair mate i thought most/everybody knew dealers were more expensive than private sellers as they have a showroom/forecourt and staff etc to surport