fucking kids throwing stones at my motor

adammitch69

just went outside my house to have my neighbour come over and say that a group of kids have being throwing stones at each other over the top of my parked car, hence the contents of my front garden are now across the road.

I didn't see which **** did it or I would have given him a good kicking. I went and spoke to the group of kids quickly walking away but obviously no one owned up to it. What can you do though - I couldn't hit everyone as I'd be locked up, you can't call the police as lets face it they won't give a ****.

I recognise one of them from down the road so going to go round once his mother is back from work and get him to give me the name and address of which one did it. Then go round and speak to the parents.

they have chipped my door and front wing enough for me to notice.

...you can't take kids to a small claims court can you??? serious question

I'm so pi**ed off at the moment, ripped my sideway yesterday on a sharp kerb so had to order 2 new tyres today.

It dis-heartening as it makes you think 'why bother'

I used to dick about as a kid - but in fields and old brickworks, not next to a £17k car .....that has just being ****ing detailed!!

arghhhhhhhhh

yeah, i agree, i used to do some stupid stuff as a kid, pissing about on building sites etc but i crapped myself when my ball went under a car :surrender:

It seems that with every generation the worse children get! Its all down to parenting... but at the end of the your kind of stumped because you'd spend more than it costs for a repair to take them to claims courts. Personally id invest in a car cover at-least that minimizes damage!

That's pretty bad mate ...

I often have nightmares about that sorta thing ... the kids around my neighbourhood aren't too bad though ... apart from them playing football and Cricket down the road ...

So far I've been lucky and I haven't had any damage (that I can notice) ... but I'm sure I'll come back to it one day to find something ...

It's weird but I've found that more bad things happen when you care about something too much ...

just a thought....airgun? :ninja::innocent:

careful not to hit the car and make it worse though.

:lol:

Wouldnt bother with a car cover, it will still be damaged through it potentially, and will just draw attention to it and they will probably try and rip it off :scare:

Where is the car parked? If its private properly, stick up a CCTV camera from Maplins and a sign to say you are recording, should stop them sharpish :thumbs:

they have chipped my door and front wing enough for me to notice.

...you can't take kids to a small claims court can you??? serious question

Im fairly certain that the parents are responsible for a childs actions, therefore yes, you should be able to take action for criminal damage against the parents.

If the parent you speak to does not want to be named in any such legal action, then I would suggest you ask them to have a sit down chat with their child and/or the other parents and decide who is going to pay to fix your car privately before they all recieve a solicitors letter.

Likelihood is that you will get the door shut in your face and a parent who couldnt give a stuff, such is the quality of parenting of these scrotes these days. :dry::shrug:

that sucks.....

will be interested to see what the parent says. i had some sods snap the spoiler on my old fiat coupe.

there were 3 kids drinking outside my mates house who had a reputation, following day snapped spoiler with a perfect thumb print on the top where they had weighed down and snapped it.

i phoned the police - not interested as not enough evidence :(

They even apologised off the record and told me they knew the lads and they had been done before but even if i had SEEN them they were only 17 so not much would be done (and i had not actually seen them do it)

go round the parents and all you do is get told to F' off and then make a target for yourself. a few weeks later my mates car at the same address got flour bombed and his bin set on fire.

what can you do? :evil::bang:

Thing is, they are from a council supplied group of houses on the outskirts of a nice village**. Would be nice if the council could put pressure to evict tenants who constantly vandalise the area they live in if they get caught and stick em in a horrid group of flats full of others who do the same. at least it would be some deterrent and maybe force the parents to try to exercise some form of control.

** I know not all people from houses like that are bad, and i know a lot of kids from private homes are scrotes BUT ones which ARE from council housing, surely can be pressured fairly easily

BUT ones which ARE from council housing, surely can be pressured fairly easily

You'll probabl;y find that the council cant put as much pressure on them to clean up their act than they ould a private home owner, for fear of "council is singling out poorer tennants" or "council house tennants victimised" cries.

You can moan 'til you're blue in the face at a council, they won't do a damn thing! Your best bet is just to record everything that goes on either on paper or on video cam, compile a good amount of data and send it to them!

They'll send the disruptive family a letter which is then followed by a visit and the council members will set the family certain targets which they must adhere to. I've no idea what happens after this, probably not alot :dry:

We've had similar problems with our neighbours! :thumbdown: We live out in the country and they're the only family in 5-6 miles that cause any problems. Music from early morning to late night through the wall "thud, thud, thud", screaming and shouting, fighting, drugs. We've just spoken to the council and they've definitely had the letter from them as 3-4 cars that are rusting in their front garden have started to move about. Recently found one of them parked near the Zed!! :scare: Think this is due to the fact that a council house tenant may only have one taxed car on their property i believe!

I understand your troubles!! :lol:

Nothing happens to the kids...but filling a parent in wont go any further either....plus the kids can easily be caught walking down a nice quiet road... :ninja:

its wrong and crap the way our society goes...if i cant be better i ll be worse hehe

Well in light of the election I have found new faith in the public sector so I've emailed my local 'neighbourhood policing workinging in partnership multi-racial trust'. The West Yorkshire police website appeared pretty helpful - just put in your postcode and it gives you an email address of your local officer.

I emailed 12hours ago and no one has replied ha ha

Put a sprinkler in the front garden that will "coicidently" turn on every time anyone comes near the car. A good soaking should put them off.

When we lived in Canada it was in a new development where the house tourists would park with their wheels on our front lawn becuase we were opposte the show homes. Really peed us off. A quick switch of our sprinkler system to manual mode just as they were getting out of their cars normally made them move on pretty quickly.

On a more serious note, I don't think it would cost much to take the parents to the small claims court as long as you have one witness to support your claim that you saw them doing it :teeth: