Data on stock and stoptech brakes

Husky

:repost::p

Its ancient but good, so will give you that, and hence why I am always asking these lovely members that get BBKs what investigation they have done about the size/no of pots in their kits to keep them balanced ;)

Its from when the car was released...

I was invited to participate in a full day of track testing with StopTech in December, 2002. This article is my "diary" of that day.

Its ancient but good, so will give you that, and hence why I am always asking these lovely members that get BBKs what investigation they have done about the size/no of pots in their kits to keep them balanced ;)

I was invited to participate in a full day of track testing with StopTech in December, 2002. This article is my "diary" of that day.

sorry chris, i was just doing my reading on front to back brake balance when i came across it, was only the data i was really bothered about :)

was surprised about the 1 foot difference between brembos and standard

Yeah I was amazed too, seems the power of them isnt too different. The big difference is how quickly they fade, non brembos don't last as long, but with the right pads and discs they are fine :thumbs:

sorry chris, i was just doing my reading on front to back brake balance when i came across it, was only the data i was really bothered about :)

was surprised about the 1 foot difference between brembos and standard

Saw this too when i was researching before i bought my k-sport ;)

However though it was a good test it does not tell the whole story because on track the Brembo is better than the JDM stuff by quite a bit just like a BBK has better resistance to fade than the Brembo thus outperforms it on repeated and aggressive usage.

The balance is important and this is why the companies that make both front and rear kits who have research their products have matched packages for each car application and are able to advice what kit is best for your application :thumbs:

For example in my case I wanted to have 356mm x 30mm rotors both front and rear and so to keep the balance and OEM bias i had to go 8pot vs 6pot and its spot on.

However though it was a good test it does not tell the whole story because on track the Brembo is better than the JDM stuff by quite a bit just like a BBK has better resistance to fade than the Brembo thus outperforms it on repeated and aggressive usage.

theres a big section on the differences between brembo and non brembo and it cites the difference between the two as being a difference in levels of brake fade.

theres a big section on the differences between brembo and non brembo and it cites the difference between the two as being a difference in levels of brake fade.

I can see that you have still not given up on brakes mate ;)

I never had any feedback from those guys about the 345mm x 30mm rotors but it comes from the cardillac CTS i believe.

I can see that you have still not given up on brakes mate ;)

I never had any feedback from those guys about the 345mm x 30mm rotors but it comes from the cardillac CTS i believe.

nah, its going to have to be done bud otherwise the look wont be finished quite right ;)

What is this look anyway ;) Pm some pics or details i will keep schtoom until you a ready to reveal B) Just inquisitive!

:lol: :lol: only have to wait until wales :lol:

Thats a long wait :surrender: and i hate surprises :rant:

If you don't pm me details then i will stop by yours tomoro' as i have to pop in coventry for a barbie at my cousins :p

What is this look anyway ;) Pm some pics or details i will keep schtoom until you a ready to reveal B) Just inquisitive!

If you don't pm me details then i will stop by yours tomoro' as i have to pop in coventry for a barbie at my cousins :p

:lol::lol: :lol: i wont be in :p

its not like im pulling a fakeindian though alot of the changes are under the surface

its not like im pulling a fakeindian though alot of the changes are under the surface

Oi!! I don't like the phase "pulling a fakeindian" what's that ment to mean? :lol:

Oi!! I don't like the phase "pulling a fakeindian" what's that ment to mean? :lol:

one minute your cars stock, the next its a fully modded zed :lol: