ADVICE REQUIRED CLICKING NOISE FROM REAR.

p4ulk

Hi there everyone,

Needing some advice from you guys,

I picked up my 05 GT4 on saturday from Market Harborough, ( 140 miles from were i live in Warrington ), had a amazing weekend with it.

so happy with the car overall. :yahoo::yahoo:

Yesterday afternoon, i started to hear this dreadful clicking noise from the rear and after several hours of reading about it on the forum, decided to call into my local nissan garage ( MIDDLEHURST / ST HELENS )to see what can be done and enquire about services. etc.

Basically SOD ALL...... and regarding the service prices they quoted me P1 ......£194, P2 ......£260 ISH and P3 ..... £344 INC VAT. :boxing:

well, the car has only done 26255 miles with full service history from nissan dealership and even though i didn;t buy from a nissan dealership, they have provided me with a 3 month warranty, £500 max with limitations.

They also have gave me the remaining warranty of 12 months from WEST LONDON MOTOR GROUP NISSAN , which the pervious owner took out.

It is currently being transfered to me and seems quite extensive.

ANYWAYS.... couple of choice there, but do i still persist on my local nissan fixing this problem or try to claim against my warranties. Afterall this is a nissan fault with a technical bulletin issued and reading the forum, i see some people have had the work done. FOC.

Can you guys offer any advise on which route to go down regarding this matter, I have tried with st helens/ middlehusrt Nissan, with no joy they want me to pay for the labour @ £72 ph to diagnose the problem and wont cover it under their warranty they insist that i would need to pay upfront and claim myself. They will not admit its nissans problem to fix. I have also got another Nissan garage in Manchester which I have yet to try. But just trying to weigh up my options on this and choose the best route to solve the problems with the best outcome for me.

Overall, i don't want to be paying for something that has been a recall and don;t want to be travelling across country putting more miles on my car.

I Would like to know a recommended garage in Northwest that i can start building a relationship with to service my car and fix any further probs.

I know you guys will have plenty to say.

cheers

paul :thumbs::thumbs:

If the car is out of Nissan Warranty, then I think getting it done by Nissan FOC will be a bit of a struggle, if the Warranty covers up to £500, then this will certainl cover a repair of the clicky rear axle problem which can be done by a few of the traders noted in the trading section here.

Will be worth contacting the Warranty company to see how you progress this though before you jump in and get any work done..

Sorry to hear of your misfortune mate.

If you have no joy with Nissan or the warranty company then I can help you with the supply of upgraded axle kits which fix this issue permanently.

There are in stock and good to go same/next day.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=21842

There has been a Nissan price increase lately but I will discount the numbers as heavily as I possibly can. :thumbs:

Alex.

A good garage in the NW is Lockwood & Greenwood based in Audenshaw, Manchester.

Used to be a franchised Nissan garage but now gone independant.

Family run garage.

Used by many on here.

Get a club discount :teeth:

About 30% cheaper than the prices you quoted :thumbs:

I feel your pain.

Had clicky axels TWICE on my 05 zed. Once after 2yrs and 18k. Then regreased under warranty. 6 months out of warranty happened again :wacko:

Still loving my Zed though :#1:

i am interested in a Z myself actaully which i have been warned has *slight* clicking from the axel, however the seller assures me after speaking to nissan, whilst they will not cover it under warranty any more, so long as it is not annoying it isnt actually a problem.

would you guys agree with this, or is it just likely to get worse and worse?

cheers and hope the OP does not mind my posting

Afternoon everyone....

just an update really.... sounds positive. :)

after making a phone call back to the garage i purchased the car from and explaining the situation. The guy there said leave it with him and he rang Middlehurst at St helens and then called me back.

turns out after speaking with the service manager, Paul Stewart earlier, depending on when my 05 gt4 was made, there's different phase's depending on when the car was made that year. If it hasn't had the upgrade to phase 1 on the driveshaft, it would cost £1200 + vat to replace.

If my car had phase 1 and just needed phase 2 doing, which by the sounds is just re greasing, then it would cost £185.00 inc vat. (mainly labour charge).

After given him my chassis details, it seems my car has had the phase 1 upgrade ( only just ) and just needs regreasing. :dance::yahoo:

The servce manage is now trying to claim against my West London Motor Group warranty i have to get this work done, but it's looking like i may need to pay as the axle clicking is not a breakdown of parts but more of a annoyance.

ANY WAYS , finally a result........

Seems middlehurst St Helens is redeeming itself :thumbs::thumbs:

thanks guys for the comments .

I have a 56 plate gt coupe and have had the car for just over a year myself. Last night when taking it for a spin I noticed the dreaded clicking coming from the rear axle.

Like a metallic clink as I pull away or put into reverse or back into a forward gear.

Im out of warranty too.

Can someone please send me a link of somewhere I can get it sorted in the SE.

Much appreciated.

I dont want to fall out of love with my Z.

It already costs a bomb. :boxing:

I have a 56 plate gt coupe and have had the car for just over a year myself. Last night when taking it for a spin I noticed the dreaded clicking coming from the rear axle.

Like a metallic clink as I pull away or put into reverse or back into a forward gear.

Im out of warranty too.

Can someone please send me a link of somewhere I can get it sorted in the SE.

Much appreciated.

I dont want to fall out of love with my Z.

It already costs a bomb. :boxing:

Here you go mate. :thumbs:

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=21842

Cheers ZMANALEX. Theres no way Im doing the work myself. Do you think a local garage will do it if I give them parts and instructionn?

I am a southern fairy!

Yes mate, most decent garages will fit parts supplied and they should not require instructions as it is very straight forward. :thumbs: