Whats the Difference?

Buckley

looking at buying one of these Zeds soon, can any tell me the differences between Standard and GT Pack Zeds?

also, how do you tell a GT Pack from Standard in pictures online

what about the difference between a UK car and an Import from pictures?

cheers

imports have a square rear plate and bumper.

UK GT parcks have 18" Rays alloys, Leather, Cruise Control, BOSE, and a few other things i believe. I'm sure tohers will eleborate

Linky

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1781&hilit=Import+spec

GT had leather seats and BOSE 7 speaker. Rays were an optional upgrade on all models i believe.

Imports apart from the square plate (look for the rear one its not so easy to chage because of plate recess). Look for the headlamp washer jets (look like little squares on the bumper).

Look for leather seats. TBH the GT pack sounds like your getting sooo much more for your money but in reality your just getting your seats in leather and a Bose sound system. If you buy a non-GT spec there is nothing stopping you from upgrading the speakers / putting a sub in yourself behind the drivers seat and also getting the seats retrimed to your own liking (such as having coloured piping around the edge).

Go for the quality of the vehicle rather than little extra's as a general rule - the zeds don't tend to have too many options in the UK.

thanks for all the prompt replies

ill have another look later today as ive seen a few Zeds im interested in!

cant wait til i get one in the summer :)

with the sat-nav - is that not a part of the GT Pack or is this just an optional extra? if the sat-nav is not in the plastic box thing on the dash, what do you get int hat space instead?

would you class 80k as excessive miles for a 2005 54 plate? or, would you go for something with less in every case due to less problems later on?

any other tips would be appreciated

thankyou :)

The easiest visual way to tell a GT model imho is to look at the steering wheel. A GT pack zed will have buttons on both sides of the wheel. :thumbs: This, together with a UK rear bumper is a pretty sure way of telling them apart when half the ads don't know what they're talking about.

Rays were an optional upgrade on all models i believe.

Correct. Another £1000 on top of the GT Pack. Sat Nav was another couple of grand but very basic/dated compared to what you can get now.

A well maintained car with motorway miles will be better than a thrashed/neglected weekend car.

The washer jets on the front (little squares) are on uk cars only. A jap car COULD have had the rear bumper replaced so its not a definite if it has a normal looking plate that its a uk car. To be honest unless you particularly want a GT for the leather or cruise I would just go for the lowest miles best looked after car whether GT or not, import or not. :thumbs: