Replacement windscreen

v3euk

I've got stonechip which has been repaired on my windscreen by a previous owner, but its right in the drivers view and its getting slightly annoying. Anyone here had a windscreen replaced and have an idea of how much it costs for the 350Z? Obviously not going to pay a fortune though, and none of the major windscreen replacement companys seem to give a quote online.

Thanks

I did a quick search, and didn't really pull up a rough price. Would it be covered by insurance seems theres nothing actually wrong with the present screen?

give it a quick jab with a screwdriver ......... no sorry shouldn't advise that :blush:

cost without insurance will be mega ... up to £1500 has been quoted (guessed) ... I was quoted a cost price of £750.00 + VAT three years ago

haha. may consider either of those options.

anything above about £300 wouldn't really be worth it, just to sort out an annoyance really. how is it decided whether the stonechip is patched up or a new windscreen is required, a crack or the severity of the chip? i can imagine ending up with just an additional repaired stone chip :lol:

I assume the line of sites anywhere in the centre of the drivers view, so maybe it should have had a replacement rather than a repair in the first place. May get a quote when i get a chance and see what the repairers say.

Thanks for the info. Mine's nothing like that, just a small chip, but the resin reflects in the light making it look alot worse than it is.

Check your insurance policy,most these days cover it with out loosing your NCB but with a £60 to £100 excess.

My wife is having her screen done next week, excess £75.

Remember it needs to be a crack for replacement. If it were to get hit by a fast stone and knocked with say a hand, it will crack ;)

Has not got to be done on the road it could be accidental from your strimmer whilst gardening.(house insurance)

I had a new screen today, done on the insurance by Autoglass.

Bit scary watching the fitter pull my car to bits, but it all went back fine.

He said the cost of the glass and new trim bits came to £490 plus vat, and it took him over 3 hours to do the job.

So probably somewhere in the region of £800 all in ??