Towing

mattbowey

i had a quick look on search but got so many results thought i'd see if i could get a quick answer or possibly a link to this....

had to have my car picked up by recovery last night due to the clutch going and realised since i put the mesh in the i cannot get to the front tow hook.

so... couple of q's...

the jdm licence plate holder is in the way of the front hook, how do i move it? will i have to doctor the mesh or is there a different option?

also, where's the rear tow hook?

rear tow hook is behind the little square on the rear bumper. take the square off and then screw in the tow hook from in th eboot.

as for the front. this is why i've been running the folding number plate.

if you have the zunsport grille you'll just have to pop the grille out, or buy the one with the cut out for tow hook.

if your running Zmanalex mesh i can't help you there.

my guess is you'll have to cut a whole in it, but that will look messy.

cheers,

got the zmanalex mesh. hmmm.

as for the rear, didnt notice a square in the bumper. there is a hook under the left side just inside from the wheel. thats what we used last night.

There isn't one on a JDM :) I just used wire snips to cut the mesh at the tow hook hole, you cant see it if your mesh is black :thumbs:

As Ian has said very easy to trim a small hole in the mesh that I supply.

The mesh is made of aluminium and it is soft, so easy to trim out a tow hook opening. Using a pair of small snips will result in a very tidy job indeed. :thumbs:

Alex.