eibach pros/Bc coilovers

bodyboarder

Has anyone got a good pic of there zed with rays , 20mm spacers and eibach pros on? I would love to lower the zed just a little but am worried that it wont sit right with just springs. Not sure i want to get coilovers as i dont want to change the ride quality. Thanks :thumbs:

When people talk about coilovers being adjustable - do they actaully adjust them? Fine if you do track days and you want to stiffen the car up but what about ordinary road use? The last Tein set I had I just set them up as per the manufacturer reccommendation and that was it...

When people talk about coilovers being adjustable - do they actaully adjust them? Fine if you do track days and you want to stiffen the car up but what about ordinary road use? The last Tein set I had I just set them up as per the manufacturer reccommendation and that was it...

Adjustable coilovers allows the user to fine tune the ride to the preference the long as the manufacturer design it within the right specification.

For example, the new Zeta-R for the 350Z... it is design for fast road use in the UK and therefore it is design to be compliant on uneven road surfaces.

Because of that, the Springs Rate and Damper Valving are done in a sensible level so that the ride will be comfortable on the road.

There will be some body roll because you cannot use very heavy springs and the suspension need to work and travel in order to soak up the bumps....

This is the way to keep traction over uneven road surfaces that we drive on everyday.

What the damping adjustments do is mainly the adjustment in rebound damper valving. (adjusting the compression force will help make the adjustment more noticeable)

But increasing the rebound, you will limit the body roll but the same time reduce how compliant the suspension are.

You hear people saying "coilovers are harsh", and that is mainly because alot of coilovers are not design for the roads in UK and therefore have too much rebound force.

This is great on track, but if you hit a bumps in the road, the car will skip because the damper force are actually holding the wheels in the air and not letting it get traction.

What the Zeta-R are meant to do is to provide compliant and comfortable ride for daily driver over uneven road surfaces, but have enough damper adjustment range so you can use the damper to limit the body roll if you ever take it on an occasional track day.

Another thing you can do with adjustable damping is to "balance" the handling of the car.

Most people adjust the front damping harder than the rear... this is because they want to limit the possibility of oversteer.

However, some people who want to have the ability to induce oversteers actually have the rear damping harder than the front... but those are mainly people with front wheels drive car as you can easily use the throttle to induce oversteer in a rear wheels drive car.

So in short, having the adjustment mean you can setup the suspension so the car will behave to your personal preference.

You will not adjust the damping everytime you take the car out... but having adjustments mean you can "find" what you like and keep it there...

I had mine adjusted until I thought they were right :) Now that they are right theres no need for adjustment, unless the speed bumps get any bigger then i might have to raise it up a bit :thumbdown:

Neilp - what set up do you have?

I only noticed the other night that I have eibach springs, was taking the wheels of the car to clean them. Spoke to nissan and they said that they fitted them on request by the guy buyin it. I originally was told it was nismo s-tune suspension but its not. Not too happy but it rides great and looks amazing ill post a pic up in a moment.

The pics look deceiving. If im on worn roads the centre of the car( engine guard ) scrapes sometimes.