Broke something

Ian

:blush:

Started to install my new head unit tonight - It should have been a straight forward job because all the wiring was already done from the install of my alpine unit but once I connected it up I had no sound :wacko:

I connected an old speaker straight into the headunit & it worked fine so the headunit works.

Got a multimeter onto the wiring & we were getting good readings from everywhere except the wires from the Bose loom to the Pac-ROEM where there was no igntion value. So my initial feeling is that I've managed to kill the Pac-ROEM box.

I've blown a fuse somewhere aswell, which ever one controls the mirrors & dash lights :headhurt:

Any ideas, its a Pioneer AVIC-F310BT on a Bose car :)

ok the bose setup has an amp in the boot which the bose headunit drives at line level.

the pacrom creates line level signals from the speaker level outputs of the new head unit but since you dont have POS unit you already have line outs (the pairs of phonos on your alpine) so connect these directly to the cars loom , this is why thers 2 ict looms available one connects ot the speakers the other has rca's to connect to the bose amp.

ian has to use pac rom as he doesn't have steering control hence the splicing it in. and no RCA connection

unless the ICT loom for steering control cars would work without the steering control wired up? :shrug:

it would indeed or at least it should, do the jdm bose ot have steeringwheel then ? thought all bose did.

ian has to use pac rom as he doesn't have steering control hence the splicing it in. and no RCA connection

unless the ICT loom for steering control cars would work without the steering control wired up? :shrug:

it would indeed or at least it should, do the jdm bose ot have steeringwheel then ? thought all bose did.

My car is a UK car but I have an aftermarket steering wheel :)

need pics ,what loom do you have ?

Won't be able to get pics for a while, my car is being collected tomorrow to go to abbey :)

My alpine headunit had - Bose loom > Pac > speaker harness > alpine loom & it worked fine for 3 years.

Everything works on my new unit except the sound, but with a multimeter on the ignition feed from the bose to the pac it reads as 0 but between the other side of the pac I get a reading fine from there :wacko:

Won't be able to get pics for a while, my car is being collected tomorrow to go to abbey :)

My alpine headunit had - Bose loom > Pac > speaker harness > alpine loom & it worked fine for 3 years.

Everything works on my new unit except the sound, but with a multimeter on the ignition feed from the bose to the pac it reads as 0 but between the other side of the pac I get a reading fine from there :wacko:

sounds like a broken connection, have you re checked all your old splices, i wonder when removing the old setup if you broke a connection somewhere??

so the loom inbetween the bose and the alpine loom has no rcas ?

Don't think so

sounds like a broken connection, have you re checked all your old splices, i wonder when removing the old setup if you broke a connection somewhere??

Yup all checked, only connection that was broken when I removed the old setup was the feed for my tomtom, but that was direct from the alpine loom & not the pac or bose loom.

Thought this would be a simple job tonight, but spent 6 hours out there & still have no audio :bang:

feel for ye Ian , been there wiht the dash in bits going nuts at somthing silly.

seriosuly though your better off binning it all and getting the loom that just hooks stright in to the alpines rcas youl get better sound and less faffing about , must be one heck of a cram getting all that in there now ?

Got up early this morning and took some pics before I went to work :yawn:

Bose connectors

DSC_3285.jpg

DSC_3281.jpg

Back of new headunit

DSC_3288.jpg

Pioneer loom

DSC_3289.jpg

The Pac was already wired for my old alpine unit & worked fine up until last week, I would have thought that it would just be a case of plugging in the pioneer loom to the pac & it would work :shrug:

Help :surrender:

soo sorry Ian , just checked up on the pioner site and it seems you only have 1 pre out (as per the one is your pic) so you will need to fix up the pacrom.

also as srobrien said have you got the amp power signal hooked up , looks like the pioneer loom pictured shows it connected into the loom but it may need to be spliced.