To lose someone you love

Zedrush

Hi guys, Im shooting a film hopefully August for film festival, its a full on like 1hour and 20min film, but before I do this because of my lack of experience Im going to do a few shorts to keep me on my toes and in practice and maybe enter them in as well. An idea I had today was to do a quick short of a girl moving on 2 years after losing her fiancee in the Afghan war, and the emotional, psychological and physical state she would of had to gone through to come to the decision and meet someone else. I've never experienced anything of what its like to lose someone who's love for the person is on that kind of level, (rather than the love you have for a family member) and just really need to do some research into it. If anyone can point me in the right direction id really be thankful, I know its a sort of taboo subject and really hope none of you mind me asking, i'm not looking to exploit anyone just to understand it better if anyone can chime in. Im guessing its far from the feelings you have when someone you love ends it with you for no reason, or are there on some level similarities?

isn't there a society for the widows of soldiers

not sure what its called but you might find that they maybe put you intouch with some people :shrug:

Thanks mate been googleing, doesnt have to be about someone who lost someone in the war just general feelings I can find, I know its a taboo subject and people will probably think im an idiot for asking, but if you dont ask you dont know :blush:

Ooft, don't jump in at the deep end mate? :p

You might find there are some worth while books out there. From the afghan/iraq war, there has been a ton of books written from the soldiers POV. They usually have small sections on loosing a pal etc, I don't know off the top of my head if there are any books written from the family at home/girlfriend point of view, but I can imagine there would be, since so much literature has come from that conflict.

dont know if this will help or not, but their is a movie called Brothers. Its about a soldier in afghan who dies and his brother moves in with the widow to help out, then ends up going out with her. But from then on the movie might not be any use, turns out the brother didnt die and when he comes home, the @*!# hits the fan!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLlpabVRnyc

like i said, it might not be any use. Always an idea.