Noob questions

trackpig

Hi all,

May I ask a couple of questions regarding a possible 350z purchase:

1)was the tan leather a cost option above the GT pack?

2)what is the availability of second hand rays alloys? I have seen a couple of sets in the ad section on here, they seem to be around £600 but do they come along often?

3)The gearbox in the car I test drove was a little sticky going into 2nd when cold. This seemed to get better once warmed up. Is this normal or is it a potential problem?

Thanks for any info.

Hi all,

Not as gfar as I am aware

2)what is the availability of second hand rays alloys? I have seen a couple of sets in the ad section on here, they seem to be around £600 but do they come along often?

They don't come along that oftne, if you can push your budget up a little though they are many lovely aftermarket wheels to choose from.

3)The gearbox in the car I test drove was a little sticky going into 2nd when cold. This seemed to get better once warmed up. Is this normal or is it a potential problem?

Thye are renowned for having sticky gear boxes, especially 1st to 2nd, nothing ot worry about.

Thanks for any info.

Welcome to the forum

1) not 100% but fairly sure that tan leather came with GT pack.

2) Rays usually come up on the forum now and then and they are usually in good nick from the guys and gals here.

3) Yup that is normally. 2nd is a nuisance. Just gotta be firm and careful with it. Having said that if it is a real struggle it could hint at some problem, but it is the toughiest gear to engage.

Hope this helps. Others will be along shortly I'm sure to back me up/ shoot me down accordingly ;)

Bradders.

My replies - not wishing to contradict Captain Sensible, its just he's wrong! :lol:

Yes - the GT pack came with charcoal leather, heated seats as standard. The Alezan were extra

There was a full set posted for sale by a member last week for £400. Not usre if they are still available - check the for sale part of site.

Yup, the zeds (esp the earlier ones) have always had a crunchy gear box. I love it!

Thanks for any info.

My replies - not wishing to contradict Captain Sensible, its just he's wrong! :lol:

Yes - the GT pack came with charcoal leather, heated seats as standard. The Alezan were extra

There was a full set posted for sale by a member last week for £400. Not usre if they are still available - check the for sale part of site.

Yup, the zeds (esp the earlier ones) have always had a crunchy gear box. I love it!

Thanks for any info.

James,

Didn't the Alezan come with the rustys on the GT pack?

leather was standard on GT, guessing you got to choice the colour if you bought it originally.

rays range from as low as £300 up to about £600 depends on if they have tyres, what the tyres are like , and the condition of the original rays.

shame really as i beleive the rays were a £2000 option, or at least thats how much it apparently costs the dealer to order new ones if you get them fixed under warranty.

I have another question if I may.

Is there any way to turn the sat nav off completly? At night, the light from the screen can be seen past the closed sat nav cover (even when night colour is selected).

Also, Ive turned the voice guidance volume right down at its still very loud! :lol:

Hi all,

Thanks for any info.

Get bidding if you want your RAYS :thumbs:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-350Z-ORIGI ... 439f02f369