2005 or 2006 model?

ir_fuel

As you could see in the introduction topic, i got a bit confused with the forum addresses, so i m sorry to cross-post, but the more opinions the better and i promise i wont do it again :teeth:

Here you go:

went to the dealer today .... confused

the options:

get a silver 2005 Zed coupe (pack) with 5000 miles, can be registered as new, so 3y warranty, for 35.000euro, and i get 15.000 euro for the TT

or

order a new one, would come to 41.000 euro, 5 month waiting and i only get 11.600 euro for the TT.

now the question:

After calculating VAT recuperation and stuff (company sale/buy for the cars) i would boil down to a difference of 9000euro between the 2 choices, so is the 2006 worth the extra bucks?

also, can the radio be replaced, i would like one that can play mp3s

IMO go for the 2005 everytime here! Why would you want to be the one taking the 9000euro hit for next customer?

Depreciation is a fact of life, but in this case you have a fine alternative to stem off the heavy losses of the first year of owning a car.

Im sure others will be along soon to voice their own opinions too :)

As buds said before with a new model you take the hit of the depreciation. You need to look at the spec differences between the two to see if the extra bucks is worth it or save the extra bucks for some mods like exhaust, bodykit and wheels.

As buds said before with a new model you take the hit of the depreciation. You need to look at the spec differences between the two to see if the extra bucks is worth it or save the extra bucks for some mods like exhaust, bodykit and wheels.

Spec difference is easy:

both would be the "pack" version, so the only spec difference is what they changed to the 2006 model

In 5 months the TT looses 3400 euro :thumbdown:

No not really, thats the price they would give me right away, there is just an additional 3400 they want to give me coz i would want to buy the 2005 model they got in the showroom "to move their stock" basically

Spec difference is easy:

both would be the "pack" version, so the only spec difference is what they changed to the 2006 model

I'd go 2005 :)

I m gonna try selling the TT privatly first, for 15K € (give or take 1K :teeth: ) which i think is certainly not too much. If that works out well i have more room for negociation B)

Holidays first dough ...

Malaysia here i come (taking the plane tomorrow B) ) :yahoo:

Definitely 2005 IMO. :)

The differences, whilst no doubt improvements, are so subtle that I can't see it's worth the extra unless you have to have a new car. Some bits of the interior seem to have been changed unecessarily and not really for the better.

I doubt you'd notice the extra power unless you ran them back to back.

All Zeds are fantastic cars and you won't be disappointed whichever one you choose but you may be a bit poorer..... ;)

I would go for the 2005 model I believe the 2006 model is 100kg heavier so the extra 20bhp will not make up for the extra weight.

As you said the 2005 model will still come on a new plate and be cheaper but could possibly depreciate more quickly.

• 3 weeks later...
If you can afford it, go 06. thats what I did and don't regret it. IMO the interior is much nicer... better looking dials and buttons.. and I like the front grill on the 06 more too :)

Trying as we speak.

Called the importer in Holland and Germany and they are trying to locate a dealership with the car in the spec i want B)