The noise - oh, the noise!!

Hi all

After nearly 2 months of messing about, my local dealer finally managed to get me a test drive in a roadster. 3 hours with my girlfriend for company in a 05 year car....

It was a bit of a shock getting back in to a car with a traditional dashboard layout (my daily driver is an 06 Honda Civic which is like the starship Enterprise in comparison) but we had high hopes for the test drive once the key was turned and the roof went down.

We manged to dodge the showers and proved the the cabin is a civilised place to be at "motorway" speeds and then it was off to some B roads to have some fun! Trundling through some villages hearing the burble reflected off the walls was great. Then the NSL signs appeared and the pedal hit the carpet in a big way. The turbine-like howl got better and better as we got to 6 grand :teeth: Then all over again in the next gear..

Then we get to a bend - very stable under braking and then the best bit: the whoop from the exhaust during double declutch downshifts. :D Oh boy - I have not grinned like that since I sold my Integra Type R (8800 rpm in a tunnel has to heard to be believed...)!

I have to be honest the noise sold the car to me completely. The fact that it is a great drive too is a bonus! It fulfills what I am looking for completely: it can be enjoyed at 40mph with the top down and woofling along on the torque, or you can give it some beans in listen to it howl. Unlike the Honda, it doesn't goad you on to travel faster and faster just to hear the VTEC scream again and again. The fact that the hood goes up and down so fast is a bonus and stopped us getting drenched a couple of times today!

Looks as though the order for a blue GT with a blue hood and satnav will be going in on Tuesday once we get a financing deal sorted - then the waiting will begin! I gather that that spec has only got a 4 week wait at the moment so fingers crossed it won't be too long.... I will take a look at a Nismo exhaust too as I don't think you can get too much of that noise!!

Hope to see some of you about when the car eventually arrives...

Glen

Nice one Glen,

I know when I went looking they had a new blue roadster with blue hood and it looked fantastic! :thumbs:

Hanel on here has one as well in that colour combination, so any questions give him a shout :D

(hope you don't mind Hanel ;) )

Nice one Glen,

I know when I went looking they had a new blue roadster with blue hood and it looked fantastic! :thumbs:

Hanel on here has one as well in that colour combination, so any questions give him a shout :D

(hope you don't mind Hanel ;) )

Thought I could feel my ears burning.

Excellent choice if I do say so myself. The blue hood really does make a huge difference to looks of the car with the Azure Blue paint. Dealer got a Azure demo at the same time with a black hood and it really doesn't suit the car (IMO).

Let me know if there is anything I car do to help.......

Dealer got a Azure demo at the same time with a black hood and it really doesn't suit the car (IMO).

Hi Hanel!

I agree entirely - we spotted one with a blue hood in a car park in Newbury and thought it looked great.

The only shame is that I like the ventilated Alezan seats but I really don't want the yellow colour as I don't think it would go together. From the photo it looks as though you stuck with the black seats. Have you seen a blue one with yellow seats around? Did it look ok?

Glen

Dealer got a Azure demo at the same time with a black hood and it really doesn't suit the car (IMO).

Hi Hanel!

I agree entirely - we spotted one with a blue hood in a car park in Newbury and thought it looked great.

The only shame is that I like the ventilated Alezan seats but I really don't want the yellow colour as I don't think it would go together. From the photo it looks as though you stuck with the black seats. Have you seen a blue one with yellow seats around? Did it look ok?

Glen

Glen, pretty sure that you can't specify those colour seats with the blue. Thought they only allow you to have them with the Kuro, GM or Sunset I think...... or they did.

:) Thanks for the welcome!

Just having some fun seeing if the dealer can match the deal I can get from Freeway - he is struggling at the moment....

Hopefully order should be in by Wednesday!

Glen

Hi Glen, I got my MY06 roaster from Freeway, after a bit of running around couldn't find anyone that could match their deal, service was great and car arrived a couple of weeks earlier than they first thought (great!!!) had mine since 22 June and haven't stopped grinning yet.

Use mine as a daily drive (40 miles each way most on M1) and only have the roof up when it rains.

You'll love it! :teeth:

Don't forget to post pics as soon as she arrives

(you can spec the netted orange with Universal Silver as well :teeth: )

Barry

:) Thanks for the welcome!

Just having some fun seeing if the dealer can match the deal I can get from Freeway - he is struggling at the moment....

Glen

Hi Glen, I got my MY06 roaster from Freeway, after a bit of running around couldn't find anyone that could match their deal, service was great and car arrived a couple of weeks earlier than they first thought (great!!!) had mine since 22 June and haven't stopped grinning yet.

Barry

Hi Barry - thanks for your welcome and I am certainly looking forward to getting the roof down as often as possible!!

It is good to hear that Freeway offer a good service! The phone has been very quiet today which means that I don't think the dealer has been able to match the finance deal.... To be fair though, he is trying to match an employee discounted interest rate which was never going to be easy. Also, Freeway have a higher "balloon" payment (or Guaranteed Future Value) than other PCP schemes which helps to keep the monthly payment down :)

I will give him a call tomorrow and see what is going on!

Glen

:yahoo: Order has been placed after about a week of negotiation! Got a very very good deal on Trackstar and gap insurance after some robust discussions over the numbers.

We went for a PCP with a slightly higher monthly payment than I could get through Freeway but with a lower GFV which means if we buy the car outright at the end of the term, we are about a grand better off.

The 29th September cannot come soon enough!! :D

Glen