How Do I Apply Hard Wax?

MattMe

My DDJ Supernatural wax arrived today.

It's a very hard wax and the only video tutorials I can find on the web show using bottled wax you pour onto the apllicator. Do I just rub one of the applicator pads in the tub and then straight onto the paint?

Stupid question? probably...

I received two types of applicators in the kit I bought. Blue microfibre sponges, and some white cotton pads. Which would you recommend for each product? I'm assuming the blue sponge pads for the Lime Prime, and and the white circular cotton pads for applying the wax?

It might help if I had a lcue what I was doing!!

Cheers...

:blush:

Throw it at your car repeatedly. To the untrained eye it will look like it's damaging the car but that just means its working................

:blackeye::wave:

I tried rubbing it directly onto the car while still in the tub but now I have huge bits of bare metal... What did I do wrong?? :bangin:

I know I sometimes ask stupid question, and therefore expect a stupid answer. But I'm scared, I don't want to feck up the new paint.

Gonna get started now in the whole process... Don't know how far I'll get tonight, seems like a lot of work on a car that doesn't look that bad. Best be worth it or I'll disown every one of you on here who rave about how much better they look after a wax...

Wish me luck

Check out http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/ - they have great tutorials.

As the guys have said, use the foam applicator for the wax. I find that SN likes to be nice and warm when you apply it, so I leave the tub on the radiator or in the sun for a bit before starting. Then rub the applicator in the wax in a circular motion and it will pick up the wax. Next up apply it to the car, nice and gently, in a small circular motion. You will find that it will go on thick at first, but try to spread it out as thin as possible but still covering all the paint. Dont try to do too big an area in one go as the wax will chill and will be hard to apply. Now and again take the applicator in your hands to give it more warmth.

The other option is to apply actually by hand. Rub your finger tips into the wax and apply to the car in a massaging motion. This takes longer and personally I find it a bit odd, but it does work!

As usual take your time, try out what feels best for you. All you are aiming for is a small covering of wax over all of the paint. How you do it doesnt really matter so long as you get it on there. Remember when you buff it off, you cant even see it, so putting loads on just wastes it, try to apply it as thin as possile.

Cheers for the advice.

I got on not to bad today. Had to stop when a crate of beer turned up...

Managed to wash, clay and polish. Will get the wadx done tomorrow. Bit concerned though cos the Zed lives under a huge silver bearch tree. :thumbdown:

Was surprised how well the clay worked. IT didn't look like a lot of dirt came of (only used half a 80g bar) but it's like glass now. I left it wet after washing and used loads of lube (oooh errr) and wasn't convinced it was doing anything at all until I dried it and compared clayed bars against none-clayed. Happy with that. Seems like out of the 3 bars (DDJ Supernatural and DDJ Lube) I'll get round the car 6 times! Not bad.

Lime Prime is pretty easy going, didn;t take that long and the paint's as clean as new now :) Perhaps I didn't spend long enough but it was quite quick going, apart from having to stop when my arm hurt. Spent about 3 hours in total.

Will upload pix when I've waxed... Pics of the car that is. ;)