Have i Got the Clicky axle problem?

gunmetalzgt

I have a clicking noise from my near side rear wheel. It is continuous and only stops slightly when i accelerate.

It speeds up with the car, Sound like it happens on each revolution.

I am unsure if this is the clicking axle issue?

Will a grease up help the situation?

Alright Prash ...

I don't think that's the clicky axle issue ... I have it and it's only apparent when either pulling off from a stand still or when going into reverse ... it's just a single click ...

Have you checked your tyres for nails or stones etc ... I had a similar issue recently and it turned out to be some stones in the tread of the tyre ..

:thumbs:

Maybe the wear indicator on a pad catching something?

that would be my guess aswell...get the old girl off the ground and rotate the wheel with your hands and you might be able to locate the noise

I hope it is something as simple as that!!

Need the funds to do a proper overhaul of a service!!!

I had a similar problem last weekend......a squeeking that speed up with the car and sounded as though it was something wheel related as it was definately something going round, but you could only hear it with the window down.

I came to the conclusion it was the brakes, so got the wheels of, pads out, calipers off. A good cleaning with the brake cleaner and a good greasing with copper grease and it squeeks no more! :thumbs:

I had a similar problem last weekend......a squeeking that speed up with the car and sounded as though it was something wheel related as it was definately something going round, but you could only hear it with the window down.

I came to the conclusion it was the brakes, so got the wheels of, pads out, calipers off. A good cleaning with the brake cleaner and a good greasing with copper grease and it squeeks no more! :thumbs:

Thanks for that.

I hope its just as simple to put right but the click sounds a bit worse than a squeek :surrender:

When I had my 2004 Zed I had what sounds like a similar issue to yours and all it turned out to be was the need for some copper grease around the brake pad shims that were causing the clicking.

IIRC, Zmanalex sells some special shims to help overcome the problem - so send him a pm - he is a fountain of knowledge on these thnigs and I'm sure will put you right. ;)