Insurance.....or i could be being dim.

Nelly

I believe gap insurance is where the insurer will, if you are involved in a accident that writes off your car, pay the difference between what its present value (at the time of accident) is and the amount you initially paid for it.

As for insurance depends on a number of factors age, NCB, where you live etc. If you have experience of RWD cars and are over 25 Chris Knott on here are worth a try.

Have you tried Chris Knott, they are traders on here and give forum discount.

As for Gap insurance.;

GAP insurance is additional car insurance you can get that covers amounts not covered by typical auto insurance providers. For example, when you purchase a car, its value automatically starts to decrease. If you get in an accident where the car is totaled, the insurance company will only pay the current book value of the car. However, you might owe more than the current value, leaving you with a few thousand pounds to cover on your own. GAP insurance will cover the remaining amount you owe.

Not a big fan.

Yes GAP insurance is usually a con - for example Nissan wanted £700 for me to have it - but when a car like a brand new 370z leaves the forecourt its already depreciating. Get Nissan to throw it in as part of the deal, and its a great freebie to have in case of the worst, and it means you can get a brand spanking new 370z again, not be left out of pocket. Dont pay for it though, make Nissan take the hit ;)

Check out their section in traders, the discount code is on page one.

When you call them also have the cheapest quote you have already. They have a few guidelines on age, experience etc but if you qualify you will get a great deal. I now have all three cars with them. :)