Coilys!

Ruddles

Need some expert opinions here guys!!

I'm looking into my first mod for the Zed which will be dropping the beast. Can anyone recommend to me the best coilovers to get, I'm interested in experience/handling/price.

I understand the price range to be anything from £600 upwards for a full set? Are there any other factors to take into account such as changing wheels (I assume wheel diameter size would be the only change that would make lowering an issue?) and would spacers still be needed if I do attain a new set of wheels?

Also, I live out in the sticks and the roads...lets be honest...are far from perfect, would I have any clearance issues?

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

p.s. Are there any offers currently on that may be worth taking up?

Thanks!

As yourself what do you want to do with the car and whats your budget? This will answer the majority of your questions.

If you're not going to track it do you need the full adjustability of KW V3 or Bilstein PSS10 etc? If not a Tein basic or KW v1/2 would be good.

The benefit of coilovers is that you can chose your ride height to meet your requirements, depending on road conditions and wheels. Obviously some coilovers go lower than others.

There is loads of info about so hit that search button, will keep you entertained for days.

I have KW var 3 and live out in the wilds of the Lake District. As Dan says the advantage with these is they go up as well as down.

I am afraid its a certain amount of suffering for your art, with a bodykit I have very little clearance but the car can obviously be raised.

Whatever you get I would be careful to choose someone to fit that knows what they are doing.

The upside is its like driving on rails. :)

Thanks for the feedback, if there was to be a bodykit at any time it won't be soon, but like you've said they can always go up!

Down to prices are they any manufacturers to be cautious of? Has anyone had any experience with Meister R's?

http://www.meisterr.com/Site/Nissan_Z33.html

This seems a very good price, but obviously I'm looking to find out if they're not what they say they are on the tin! :headhurt:

I think there is a trader on here that sells the meisters. Not sure of anyone who uses them tbh. I can vouch for the bilsteins though - Probably not a track focused as the KW but I think they benefit from a bit more road comfort.

I'll generally just be using them on the road, very rare I would be taking it out to a track I would imagine.

Any thoughts on this company?

http://www.bc-racing.co.uk/vehicle-chec ... ID=76#info

Had it linked to me earlier. It's within the price range I'd like to be spending on coilys (BR Series: Type RS). Do you think they're genuine enough and are the right type to have? Sorry for the questions, but I have literally no idea when it comes to coilovers! :headhurt:

Right, thought I throw in a little info. :)

We recently finish developing the new MeisterR Zeta-R coilovers for the Z33.

I'll get some pictures up later, but the specs have improved quite a bit from the older Zeta that has been discontinued.

The new Zeta-R feature:

Aluminum Top Mount with Integrated Pillowball Bearing for faster steering response.

Mono-Tube Dampers with 32 stage damping adjustment (Compression / Rebound combined)

A new "Black Chromium" damper coating that have been tested in a Salt Spray Test for 120 hours under ASTM-B-117 standard.

And as usual, the Zeta-R are dual perch design meaning you can lower the car without loosing damper stroke travel.

The springs rate are re-specified and the dampers are valved specifically to work well and compliant on the UK uneven fast road surfaces.

The dampers also have enough adjustments to take advantage of the flat surfaces on those occasional track days.

The RRP for the Zeta-R is £679, but I will be offering a special shortly... I'll get some pictures up later.

As usual, these are in stock and comes with 1 year warranty. :D