Lowering ?

ToffeeZ

I have got 20 inch rims fitted with 245/30 front and 285 /30 rear tyres. I have noticed that there is a slight rubbing when turning sharply or cornering quickly . I'm think it must be on the inner guard but would i need to check. As you can see the rear looks as if it need lowering but I'm worried about increasing the chance of rubbing. How stiff are the lower springs? Or would it be better to fit coil-overs all round?

P1010244.jpg

P1010242.jpg

Coilovers i think give you better control of your ride height/handling but springs are a cheaper option. I have eibach 30mm lowered springs and running offset +20 on 19's and they do not rub but I am running a little negative camber :thumbs:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have 20s +35 with 245/35 & 275/35 and no rubbing. If they rub on the suspension strut because of the offset and tyre width on full lock then you may want to use spacers. If they rub on the wheel arch then you may want to roll the arches. I'd go with the eibach pro kit springs as a cheaper option, and if they rub on the arches then roll them, which is what I'm thinking of doing also.