coupe vs cabriolet

rich-z

I agree with all that has been said but must remind people that the fastest zed on here is a roadster. ;)

Eeeeeeeeehnn.......................... wrong Martin/Grant :p:p

The most powerful zed here is a coupe and it belongs to ttz34me Our cousin from the states. His Greddy TT was shipped over since last year and would be residing in the Uk for the next 3 years.

I met up with him at Autosport this year and his monster running almost 700WHP now :scare:

I am bringing him along for wales :yahoo:

:notworthy: cant wait to see that one :thumbs::thumbs:

I think I said fastest. :p

Yes you did but i was going to ask you by which parameters did you arrive to that conclusion :shrug: 1/4mile? Vmax? 0-60? timeattack?

But then again i thought if you have 2 TT zeds and one has more WHP and torque, then certainly it will be quicker/faster unless the "less powerful" one had better traction gizmos eg race logic suspension work, sticky tyres etc ;) This becomes a bigger argument :p

Anyway the forum is only richer for such diversity and with the new batch od SC cars poping up like mushrooms we are going to be spoilt :yahoo:

Surely it's as simple as to whether you want to put the roof down or not? Neither car is that different from the other in the drive that it really makes a difference which one you go for on that count, so just make your decision based on that.

Completely agree - it really IS as simple as that. I had a hard top convertible as a previous car and I was so self conscious about having the roof down I used to drive from work to tesco before I put the roof down in case anyone saw me do it - whereas others i knew were dropping the top at the traffic lights! :lol: I used to also get people shouting stuff into the car (mainly men i have to say!) and i knew after that i would probably never own another convertible. On the other hand you get people in the middle of winter on a sunny day all wrapped up in their woolie jumpers and bobble hats with the heated seats on - they will probably always want a roadster!! Horses for courses and all that! :thumbs:

I agree with all that has been said but must remind people that the fastest zed on here is a roadster. ;)

+1

roadster aaaaaaaaaaaaaall the way dude.... :yahoo:

it may not be 700whp but your coupe wont be either...you dont buy it for practicality or you would be buying a focus c-max... ;)

its the fun factor that matters... nismo exhaust...hood down and merry sideways!!! :lol:

Roadster all the way for me. After this weekend why would you want anything else. Glorious sun, hood down, wonderful exahaust note and only had one packet of chips thrown at me all weekend!!!!

This is my first convertible and I think it sould be law to all own one once. If it isn't raining I have my hood down. Will put it up and down where I like I don't give a stuff. I love driving around with the hood down. I don't have the stereo on so I can listen to the noise so try not to emulate most convertible w*****rs but people do take offence. The amout of effort people will go to give me the finger is quite amusing and people won't let me out in traffic either :D It all adds to the huge grin on my face....

If you haven't had a convertible before it is a must!!! If you have have and your pretty blase about it then maybe coupe.

I've run a roadster as my main car for the last 3.5 years. I wanted a convertible when I bought it, and the roof has been down whenever it's not been raining. I've not had any problem with other people being jealous or shouting anything at me.

Roof down is so much better for hearing the glorious V6 engine howl, and you get all the smells and noises from around you.

For me the only downsides have been occasional paranoia when parking in a dodgy area, rear (especially rear 3/4) visibility is pretty crap, and it is slightly noisy at motorway speeds with the roof up - it's only a single skin roog whereas some others - Audi, Porsche - are multi layer and do a better job of insulating the noise.

I've loved every minute of it - though having said that I'm now selling mine as it's time to move on.

Dave