Service!

AmyZed

hello! i am getting a full service for my zed... not paying for it (those who know the story will understand!)

i have no idea about zeds yet or services, read a little about p1 p2 p3..bit confused!

doubt the zed has ever had a service :doh:

its 54 reg uk spec... 35,000miles and been errr ragged as we know!

ive asked for a full service and cambelt change, is there anything else i should request? before i get the zed back again i want her to be near perfect this time around! am getting a good trustworthy garage to do it !

im sure my garage can look up what service it needs but perhaps my zed needs more tlc than normal for that mileage etc ...she wasnt looked after :bangin::bang:

any info will be useful and ill add bits on if anything to ask for!

Take a look at this link for typical service intervals etc.:

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=32277

If you have little history a P3 would be the full monty if you were unsure of past history. I'm sure I recall that somewhere on the forum the Nissan checklist for each type is available, try a search for that if you wish to give your mechanic the official checklist for them to follow. Failing that i think it is in your Nissan handbook that comes with the car, if you have one.

It may be cheaper for you to source the necessary parts from traders on here (e.g. Opie oils for oil and oil filter / spark plugs etc.), or at least use their prices for bartering with your mechanic. If you needed new tyres/discs and pads as well as a service it will pay to shop around that's for sure!

If possible, travel to Erith near Dartford and visit DMS, they done a P3 service on mine before and Dixon and his crew are superb.

He also has a 350Z on site permanently for a cuscomer, that uses it as a tracktool at Brands Hatch, so he does have experience working on one.

And finally, he also does discounts for forums members

I'd get a P3 done just to be on the safe side since its not coming out of your pocket.

Does your "trustworthy" garage know about 350's?

If not, get a P3 service sheet - there is a link on here somewhere, cant find it at the moment though. And take that with you.

Amy..

Here (http://www.nissanservice.co.uk/pdfs/NSNSchedule.pdf'>http://www.nissanservice.co.uk/pdfs/NSNSchedule.pdf) is the general checklist that Nissan follows to do the service required.. I used this when i took my car to a trusted garage and done the service at a fraction of the costs..

Alternatively.. you can use this website to find your nearest garage.

http://www.nissanservice.co.uk/