All Mazda RX8 to be recalled for new engine maybe!!

rickya

Not that funny - I bought my wife a new RX8 last October :angry: (She's too short for a Zed).

All this oil leak stuff is a bit wierd though. We've been running one on Magnatec and though it does use more oil than a real car its not that dramatic.

(It does however drink petrol like Goerge Best on a bender).

G

I test drove one ages ago......

And the things that put me off where the excessive drink (petrol) problem, the excessive drink (oil) problem...... and the fact that there is no feeling of power, no shove in the back......

Its just a linear power delivery........ :yawn:

To get anything out of them you need to rev them very hard. We have actually been told that optimum revs of fuel efficiency is 4,500 to 5,000 - just below where the "turbo" kicks in. Once you get above 5,500 (though you've only got about 1,500 revs left to red) it does get a lot pokier... just got to be a bit rough with it to get there.

All in all they are quite a pretty sub sports but we only have the 192. There is already a 215 and now the PZ which claims 300 bhp equivalent.

Personally I'd still rather have a Zed, since we got ours for the misses I still have a double take when I see a bloke "driving" one.

G

:p