The time has come

Cookbot

Right, the money is waiting and I'm just finalising the parts I want/need. As there's quite an excessive amount of parts needed for FI, am I missing anything blindingly obvious?

-Vortech V-3 Tuner kit

-DeatschWerks Fuel Injectors - 600cc

-An oil cooler of some description, I don't know which one though? Cooler oil cant be bad surely, will help the viscosity.

-Oil pan spacer -Although the V3 has an inbuilt reservoir, wouldn't a little more oil help keep it cooler?

-Denso iridium 1 step colder spark plugs - My originals were due to be swapped last service anyway

-Bosch 255ltr/hr fuel pump - Blagged from a friend

-Throttle Body Spacer - So I don't have to hack holes in the OEM throttle body

-Abby tuning - I had money aside for that anyway.

-Plenum spacer - already got

-Free flow exhaust - already got

-Decat pipes - Looking at options

- A boost pressure gauge - I want one that will look OEM and fit in the centre pod. Just getting rid of the ammeter

I've already got nice wide tires to get the power down, the clutch will be replaced when it gets destroyed although there's a Exedy clutch and Fidenza fly in already. Brakes and suss will be somewhere down the line too.

I'm not wanting silly power and replacing the stock internals really isn't on the agenda, so it has to be reliable. Thats why I want to keep it as cool as possible. Is there anything that could be safely removed or items I have missed.

Thanks, Cookie

Radiator, Return fuel system & an oil temperature gauge are also good things to have ;) Also don't forget to get an AFR gauge :)

Headers are also nice to have but not essential & are a lot of work to fit.

I've taken headers off my old van before. I'm never taking them off again...off any car!

Where's the best place to fit an oil temp sensor? Are the adaptor kits that fit between the block and the filter any good?

http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?mode ... rodid=4217

Can't believe I forgot the fuel return. The radiator might have to wait for a month or two, I'm going to be skint :lol: It's al coming from state side though, so it won't be as much as over here.

Radiator isn't that expensive, my Koyo was only £300ish :) & that was the 54MM version, you would need the 36mm version with a vortech.

My oil block adaptor should be coming off next week if you wanna save some cash and buy 2nd hand, alternativley you can tap the oil pan but I think that the AAM oil pan spacer has ports built in for them :)

By oil block adaptor for sale, do you mean the sump spacer that has the threads for gauges or the oil filter spacer thingy? I need to start collection all the little random parts second hand if I can then it's just the big outlay for the tuner kit.

Cookie

check out my350z.com (man i hate haveing to keep ref that site) theres big thread on on much and how long stock blocks have lasted .......almsot no supercharged have gone pop but its bit dicey for the turbos .

Because S/C rarely make 400 ft/lb + ;)

There is one on the list with a HKS S/C that went bang with the standard pulley which is a bit worrying :headhurt:

Thanks

Just been looking and SC seems the way to go if stock.

Just been looking at forged internals and pricing it up. Is all you need= Pistons, Con Rods, Bolts and Studs?

The GReddy TT kit looks good value, as does one of the HKS kits. I suppose you could run the TT kit at low boost and 400hp and then when you have the money in the bank for the internal work then go higher, or probably better do it the other way round as Turbos are pretty much bolt on

Been looking at the SC kits too though. Appealing as you can stay stock internals

GTM make TT kits for right hand drive car.

It's what Im looking at getting. But as said in my thread - their service can be a bit iffy. But the kits are quality if you manage to get all th eparts first time round!

I knew most kits wouldnt fit from the US, but I thought it would be okay with Jap makes as they drive on the correct side!! :lol:

I will have to do a bit more reading obviously, but it is way off yet anyway.

GReddy never sold the kit in Japan, its a US developed kit :) Also the last time I asked them there was no plans for a RHD version

Only TT oprions for RHD cars are GTM, APS, Power enterprise & HKS but I think the HKS kit is very basic and very expensive

• 1 month later...