Rear Pads

perold

What sort of mileage is everyone getting from the OEM Rear Pads ?

Just had mine in at the stealer for the 27k service today and was told they were so "dangerously low" that I would only be safe driving it home without braking :wacko::wacko:

Strange considering I've never heard/felt anything abnormal with them.

I didn't actually take it home, left it with them overnight to be safe (they couldn't get pads til tomorrow).

Still think it sounds a bit bizarre like !

Yep if they were thay low on material the Zed has a wear indicator that grates on the disc when the pad lining gets thin, and makes a noise :)

Believe me, I WILL be doing this myself in future. Apparently they now need a THIRD day to change my brake pads. So I'm stuck with the worlds gayest loan car (a metallic turquoise Micra, which also has far and away the worst automatic gearbox I've ever driven).

Am I allowed to name and shame ? I got a bit of a bollocking by the censors when I did it on the old Z site !!

Believe me, I WILL be doing this myself in future. Apparently they now need a THIRD day to change my brake pads. So I'm stuck with the worlds gayest loan car (a metallic turquoise Micra, which also has far and away the worst automatic gearbox I've ever driven).

Am I allowed to name and shame ? I got a bit of a bollocking by the censors when I did it on the old Z site !!

NAME THEM :thumbs:

I can back up the 20 mins including jacking. I've written a brief guide if you search for rear brake pads it comes up. Will add pics when I get the chance..... :)

And my rears were 27k. Maybe you're just not using them properly Val!! :p

NAME THEM :thumbs:

OK I will, but walls may have ears, so I'll wait til I've got it back first ;)

27k on rears is a bit low, i don't know how you drive it (very hard all the time etc) but I'm on my first set of rears still, with lots left in them. I did change my fronts at about 27k though.

And yeah it's easy

I wouldn't say I drive it that hard, in fact 60% of my miles are motorway. However the previous owner (Fletch on the old site, for anyone who remembers) lived right next door to Britains biggest racetrack, a.k.a. The Scottish Highlands, so I'm guessing thats where most of the wear came !!

And my fronts were changed at 18k.