Rear Pads

perold

Believe me, I WILL be doing this myself in future. Apparently they now need a THIRD day to change my brake pads. So I'm stuck with the worlds gayest loan car (a metallic turquoise Micra, which also has far and away the worst automatic gearbox I've ever driven).

Am I allowed to name and shame ? I got a bit of a bollocking by the censors when I did it on the old Z site !!

I really hope you don't plan to pay them for the labour or something then! If its taken them that long, then speak to the Dealer principal and demand some compensation/discount!

That's appalling...... :dry:

Believe me, I WILL be doing this myself in future. Apparently they now need a THIRD day to change my brake pads. So I'm stuck with the worlds gayest loan car (a metallic turquoise Micra, which also has far and away the worst automatic gearbox I've ever driven).

Am I allowed to name and shame ? I got a bit of a bollocking by the censors when I did it on the old Z site !!

I really hope you don't plan to pay them for the labour or something then! If its taken them that long, then speak to the Dealer principal and demand some compensation/discount!

That's appalling...... :dry:

Yeah its rubbish. The reason was because they TWICE ordered the wrong part.

Just to be fair to them I did get the used pads back and one of them was very worn ( <1mm ). Whether this counts as "dangerous" as they claimed is another matter. The other 3 pads had 4-5mm left for some reason :wacko:

I said I would name and shame and I will. It was Chorley Nissan, Preston branch. I've had previous with them aswell - about 2 years ago I turned up for a test drive with them, and the DTE was already flashing 20mls at the start of the drive - I vividly remember being rebuked by the salesman "if you carry on driving it like that we won't get back to the garage" as I booted out of a corner.

Given that experience I was stupid to go back - I only did because going to Middlehursts as I always have previously means taking a day off given I work on the Fylde. Thankfully my warranty is up in May and I've no intention of my Z visiting a Nissan dealership again.

27k on rears is a bit low, i don't know how you drive it (very hard all the time etc) but I'm on my first set of rears still, with lots left in them. I did change my fronts at about 27k though.

And yeah it's easy

Jesus! 27k on the front!!! Killed mine in 9k! (there was 27 laps of the nurburgring in there as wel though!!!) ;) The rears are on the way out now at 15k.

27k on rears is a bit low, i don't know how you drive it (very hard all the time etc) but I'm on my first set of rears still, with lots left in them. I did change my fronts at about 27k though.

And yeah it's easy

Jesus! 27k on the front!!! Killed mine in 9k! (there was 27 laps of the nurburgring in there as wel though!!!) ;) The rears are on the way out now at 15k.

Bloody hell dash, you the DK???

I bought my zed for one reason. To set a lap time. B)

Currently using DS2500 on the front ,some life still in the rears, though plans are afoot to upgrade to Performance Firction all round. Small matter of 1100 quid first!:scare:

I bought my zed for one reason. To set a lap time. B)

Currently using DS2500 on the front ,some life still in the rears, though plans are afoot to upgrade to Performance Firction all round. Small matter of 1100 quid first!:scare:

Seen some very nice APS one's the other day iirc ;)

btw how many mm are on new pads front and rear iyo???