Bloody Sun

SwanageDave

Got up this morning and as i have a few days off i thought right here i go and give the car a good clean and polish.. started on the inside nice and cool a bit overcaste and got the hose out and gave the baby a good wash. still wasnt too warm so got my polish out and started polishing and removing a few light scratches and lo and behold the bloody sun came out and baked the polish rock hard :blush: I know the rules about not polishing in the heat but i was caught with my trousers down good style..It has taken me (and the missus) three hours to get the polish off. It looks great but i am bloody knackered and have sworn never ever to clean the car in the sun again. :rant:

It was Polish not wax, I didnt get as far as the waxing I had to go and lay down :wacko:

Why didnt you do it a panel at a time? Polish gains nothing from being left to cure? :lol:

You could have used some last touch or quick detailer to help get it off. Out of curiosity which polish was it? Most are ment to be broken down by the heat of a rotary or da.

It was Meguires polish i used and as it wasnt too sunny when i started i thought i would carry on and do the full car instead of by panels...BIG mistake, i do have detailing spray but didnt know it would help. Another thing with the polish i was wondering if it could have seperated ? i did give it a bloody good shake and it was a creamy brownish colour. And to cap it all i have just looked out of the window and a bird has left me a nice deposit all over the bonnet..B****X.. :angry:

I am going to have to read up on this detailing lark and do it properly next time.

Thanx for all the advice given and i will get some photos up later when i have redone it.