BOSE Skipping - Workaround?

Airro

ive started to notice my bose skipping aswell and from the searches ive found, it appears to be a common problem, because of the cold

this has started to annoy me, but have not managed to find any fixes yet

it usually lasts 10 minutes of skipping, drives me crazy in the morning!! :(

however this morning i did a little test by skipping the tracks and that actually worked for me

i flicked through songs 1-15, three times quick, i kept hittin the next button

this probably took me 10 seconds to do? and gave me a good 15 minute drive to work :)

also tried this on the way back and no more skipping

im probably jumping to conclusions and hoping i wont have to hear my songs skip again

but i thought id share it with you guys and see if it works for you

let me know how it goes :D

Condensation is reckoned to be the issue - as you say I found by playing another of the 6 CDs could overcome the problem. But after a while it cleared itself.

Touching the proverbial, I have not noticed the problem in the 370......................yet

Mine skipped quite a lot when I got the car but at the recent West Midlands meet Keith and Rich told me that if you leave the air con on all the time it helps a lot - it drys out the air and reduces the condensation inside the CD player. I tried it and so far it seems to be working - it's only skipped a couple of times since and even then it was only really briefly.

Another solution is to use the tape deck, I found some old tapes at the weekend and tried it out, not only has it never skipped but you get to listen to some classic 90s tunes too!

If you take the Bose stereo out you may well notice the big Clarion sticker on it. Whch lets face it, explains a whole lot.

As Paul Calf says "Bag of sh1te"

Dave

Not realy, Clarion make some of the best SQ HU in the world. Just this one is pretty rubbish.