MPG

Ebized

Recent trip to Wales saw a return journey on the M40 where I did a calc over 100 miles - according to the guages an average of 70.2mph (about 66/67 in real time speed) gave me 27.6 mpg.

Mainly using the cruise apart from when the clowns who seem to think cutting in from an inside lane is a good brake test - no bother for me but giving the braking ability of ZEDs I'm never 100% if the person behind has left enough room :scare:

Should do at least 3 mpg more than a 350Z according to the Gov test figures :shrug:

Remember the engine is still tight though. It will gain a good few MPG over that when the engine is loosened up fully around 10-15k miles :thumbs:

Good to see a tight engine getting those kinds of MPG, over in the States they struggle to get over 25MPG on tight engines

And I was 'playing' a little with the accelorator/deccelorator 'joystick' to see what the response was like during the run as I was not trying to maximise the MPG. I found it more like the 276 350's where the better engine torque made it more responsive than the 296 engines. And given there were quite a few sections where the speed dropped to below 30 meant the average was pretty respectable ;)

over in the States they struggle to get over 25MPG on tight engines

But a US gallon is way smaller than ours (3.8l vs 4.5l) so 25mpg in the US is 30mpg in our money.

Brochure claims over 36mpg for cruising... That is your target ;)

I have not reset the av speed/av mpg on my 370 since I bought it. Over the 4500 miles I have done it has averaged 23.7 mpg at an average speed of 34.7mph.

The first couple of thousand miles were sub 20 as they were around town.

In my previous 350 i did the same thing and over 20,000 miles it was doing just over 27mpg at 44mph (i Think).

Although if I had wanted great fuel consumption I would have bought a Prius :lol:

Was out yesterday having a play of some of my favourite roads, and oh boy this 370 has some grunt and does she like to shake her ar$e off the line - far more than I ever experienced with both the 350's. The pull through the whole rev change is awesome and at the time I was thinking those with shares in Shell will be doing very nicely ;)

I expect the syncro rev match is not helping on consumption but it is joy to use now I can use the full rev range - you just go looking for downshifts and with the Stillen barking - oooooooh I'm luving it :D

But on getting back from a 120 mile or so round trip the computer said 24.8 mpg which I thought was brilliant with less than 2500 miles on the clock and having spent much of the drive giving it the Ebized leaded right foot workout. :teeth:

Was out yesterday having a play of some of my favourite roads, and oh boy this 370 has some grunt and does she like to shake her ar$e off the line - far more than I ever experienced with both the 350's. :

Is that due to the back end being lighter Colin?

Was out yesterday having a play of some of my favourite roads, and oh boy this 370 has some grunt and does she like to shake her ar$e off the line - far more than I ever experienced with both the 350's. :

Is that due to the back end being lighter Colin?

Possibly, but I now have spacesaver installed so I have upped the car's overall weight - but its a 'seat-of-the-pants' thing when you just know the torque being pushed through to the rear wheels is far superior - something I never felt with the 296 over the 276. If, and its a big 'IF', the Stillen has added an extra 18 bhp then the 370 is knocking on 350bhp - whether that is the case or otherwise it certainly feels a lot more power is available ;)

Maybe you need to put June in the boot for a bit more stability! :lol:

She is lighter than the spacesaver so not a lot of help there and anyway she keeps threatening me that if I keep driving it like I stole it I'll be on my own in Wales :scare: