Keyed Bonnet - To fix or not to fix!!

relentless

The time has come to reluctantly sell my P and J. Ive had her 2 years now and has served me well but unfortunately sense must prevail - that and a big fat new mortgage that needs paying!

Still under 20k miles and a nice unabused example...except for the nice 2 foot scratch some mofo did to bonnet! Its a 52 JDM Gun Metal.

So just wanted to get peoples thoughts on getting it repaired before i sell. Cost wise im looking £400-500 after a few quotes - to have blown back into wings and front bumper. Problem is people think the worst when if they notice a paint job. I would of course take a pic of the bonnet before hand to show them.

So do you think its better to sell with the damage or get it repaired and then sell?

Cheers

Mark

Ouch, £400-£500. Sounds a bit over priced to be honest, i'd expect to pay £300 tops.

Might be more economical to find a used bonnet in GM and buy that instead... :shrug: I thin they regularly go for around £100.

I would however definitely get it fixed somehow as why would people bother buying a car with such a cosmetic fault? I wouldnt buy it. :thumbs:

PM ZMANALEX or R35LEE see if they have a second hand one.

Start a WANTED thread.

A good body shop shoud be able to match it ,or you could have it carbon vinal wrapped which would be cheaper.

PM ZMANALEX or R35LEE see if they have a second hand one.

Start a WANTED thread.

A good body shop shoud be able to match it ,or you could have it carbon vinal wrapped which would be cheaper.

Above all get it done some how as it will put buyers off.

get a smart paint repair done, it will easily be half that, under £100 probably

is smart repair ok for noticeable areas such as the bonnet...i always thought it was only suitable for bumpers and lower down areas?

proper smart repair is for anywhere, just find a good one with good reviews,

they fill and repaint the sratch and then blend it in. never had one done myself, but i'm contemplating it for the damage i have on my wheel arch,

to be honest you just getting it to a good standard to sell. you shouldn't need to spend £500 to sort it out. this si the smae thing dealerships use to get cars ready before selling on second hand.

totally agree with the other comments - you need to get it done, i wouldn't buy it with a scratch on the bonnet. OR i'd try to knock more money off than it would cost you to have it done. Your quote seems high to me I have to say.

I'll agree with the above. Only people liable to look at it are ones who will try to knock your price down because of it (so be prepared for it) or ones who want to change the bonnet anyway. Best bet is probably to look around for one the same as yours and replace it, or the Smart repairs. Only other option really is to change for a Carbon bonnet, or possibly get a price for a vinyl wrap or sommat like that?