A few mods

IanS16

A few weeks ago I fitted a HKS replica exhaust from fleabay. The quality actually looks to be very good and I had no problems fitting it apart from removing a nut that nurrish rounded off :lol: The exhaust fits perfectly straight and IMO sounds great.

Pic and video (I have boarded my gates shut while the car is SORN so I cant get a decent angle ATM)

*please not the car is still running in between 19 and 24 seconds, its just really quiet on idle :teeth: )

IMG_0048.jpg

th_1270405121.jpg

The job for this weekend was to sort the audio out so I bought some 6.5inch components (only used the woofer and crossover as I already have components with tweeters in the doors/pillars). They fitted like a dream without any drilling and sound surprisingly good for the money so me and Nurrish sorted that yesterday.

After a day in the life of a contortionist I managed to fully rewire the amp and sub which went pretty well except for the cabling being really thick (£1 per meter instead of £3.50 at Halfrauds again) and thus being quite hard to poke through the firewall grommet etc.

IMG_0047.jpg

I decided to keep my current 10" JBL GT4 subwoofer in a non ported enclosure as it gives some nice tight bass (for a budget sub). I personally really dont like free air woofers and couldn't be bothered to do a full computer designed enclosure so decided it was my best bet. before I had it wedged under the rear strut brace which was okaaay but today I cut out the boot mat and board and sunk the sub behind the tonneau cover. Again this actually sounds pretty good and packs quite a punch for a 10".

IMG_0042.jpg

For once there was a little sunlight left so I had time to fit my 380RS pedal.

IMG_0044.jpg

Next Saturday she's going to CS to have the following:

Front bumper respray with arch feathering

Exedy Clutch

Helix flywheel

New set of DS2500 pads

4x New Falkens

New undertray

New rear droplinks

Front and rear camber arms

Full (more than) P3 service

Geometry setup

Black Rays wheel nuts (from Ian)

Then over to Nurrish's to have a nav fitted :teeth:

I can't wait to drive her again :bounce:

Glad you will be back on the road mate. Its been a long time. Will be seeing you next weekend though at ISTS. :thumbs:

Yes mate, if its anything like JTS it should be awesome :thumbs:

Dude!! that sub looks awesome and really has worked well :thumbs:

:band:

Was a bit scary taking a stanley knife to my boot mat but yeah it has worked pretty well. Still sounds great too :thumbs:

So did you get all the wiring done for the amp?

Really jealous of your sound :cloud9: may need to imitate you just to drown out the sound of my car :lol:

Yes mate, that cable was a bit overkill though :lol:

I'll give you a hand if you want to do it :)

very nice man,

looking to get a sub and amp in mine in the next few weeks,

no other changes planned as of yet though.

Cheers mate, I'd definitely recommend replacing the paper clarion/bose speakers though. I'm no audiophile but they really arent the best :)

Finally nismo R is back on the road again :thumbs:

Always hard to tell the real exhaust sound from clips so i'll wait til i hear it ;)

BTW CAN YOU TAKE and effing picture straight :rant::bangin:

Cheers Bennet, yeah especially from a mobile phone clip.

I'll have to invest in a propper camera and possibly a tripod :lol:

Sounding pretty sweet Ian & good to see you will be able to join us in the next full car park that Nurrish can find :lol: Oh yes, and I will be able to give you the bill for my Chiropractor :lol:

Nurrish is the equivalent a supply teacher Keith, I'll be back soon to sort him out :boxing:

Me and Dave will have to put our heads together and arrange something cool :)

Oh and yes I feel like :wheelchair:

very nice man,

looking to get a sub and amp in mine in the next few weeks,

no other changes planned as of yet though.

Cheers mate, I'd definitely recommend replacing the paper clarion/bose speakers though. I'm no audiophile but they really arent the best :)

mate of mine has a pretty big collection of audio stuff from previous cars and his skyline's previous upgrades.

see what he can sort out for me.