super chip and wolf air filter

jme 350z

i've just bought my first z its a standard black uk model 04 plate with 20k on it. been looking for performance mods that are not too expensive!! obviously air filter from what i've read on the forums the wolf pop charger seems to be a good one and the price is good too!! i have found someone that will superchip my car from 280 bhp to 308 bhp for £350. just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on it or do's and donts any info would be great...... oh and also whats a plenum spacer and what does it do?? thanks. jme

I would be very surprised if the super chip gave you that much power increase!! People struggle to get that kind of power with a lot of mods and full tune. The stock airbox with a performance filter is probably the best for performance, after market ones are for noise.

I plenum spacer lifts the top of the plenum to allow the front 2 cylinders to breath easier and get more air. You get a slight power increase and some mid range torque. Again with all mods you will need a re-map from Abbey or RSTuning to get anything out of them really. You can actually see losses from mods if not tuned. :thumbs:

Hi, the superchip and air filter will definetly not get you over 300hp. Your bust bet is to get to abbey motorsport and get yourself a remap. About £350 ish and the best way to play with the ecu as the map is made to your specific car :teeth: speak to mark at abbey and he will expalin all to you. They can give you 100% of power in all gears and move the speed limiter too.

I'm still wondering who this "somebody" is that is claiming to be able to superchip your car...

+1 - we have seen these kind of claims before, and they never materialise. Who is it that can do that for you?

thats what i thought i may of got it wrong it might be a re-map!!! i typed in super chips and remaps and found a few site's and rang a guy that is mobile. he reckons a 10 percent increase in power but will call him back to make sure!!! how much is the plenum spacer kit? does it give bhp or just run smoother??

found the website its http://www.ecopowermap.co.uk lots of figures on there but wether they are true??????? have a look see what you think..

Looks like they just dump new maps onto the ECU without using a dyno to check if any gains are actually held.

And what puts me off them is the fact that they say "Once re-flashed, we have no access to the vehicle without the express permission of the owner", which tells me basically that if you want them to touch it again, you'll have to pay them again.

mmmmmm i see what do do?? might ring around and see what others do. what about exhausts thinking i only want a back box but not sure?? is there any other after market air filter that are better value than jwt blower?? sorry for the quick fire questions but im new to z's been a bmw man for a long time!!

For what EcoPower are charging, you could go to Abbey Motorsport and have the reflash done.

Not only is the map tailored to the 350Z specifically, it will also be run on a dyno to check whether it's accepted the new map or not.

Depends where you are geogrphically to make it a viable option

Loads of threads on here relating to performance gains via various mods / uprev reflashes etc. Try a search.

Bottom line is, without spending serious money you're never going to achieve significant gains in power. You can certainly do something in terms of increased driveability, in particular mid-range torque.

Like I said, lots on here to read through already. :thumbs:

I'm still wondering who this "somebody" is that is claiming to be able to superchip your car...

+1 - we have seen these kind of claims before, and they never materialise. Who is it that can do that for you?

We all doubted RS Tuning aswell & they turned out to be right ;)

We all doubted RS Tuning aswell & they turned out to be right ;)

Once when they said they were using UpRev everything was fine as far as I'm concerned ;) Thats why I ask who is doing it. We have seen loads of generic mappers claim a blanket 10% increase, and when questioned have never done a 350z before or even understand them, or even worse dont support them!