Want to buy a 350z import! 23...

tobiah

Hi guys! Seen a really nice looking 350z but its a 2002 import 52 reg... When I go on the bell website it doesnt have the 350z for 2002 but if I put it at 2003 (still 52 reg)- car was reg in uk in 2006....

gives me a quote of £1998 for the 350z fairlady import... I am happy paying that for insurance but just need to check about the year...

Using the reg on bell doesnt find the car...

using the reg on confused.com works for admiral but they are over 3k...

Alright mate,

Just thought I'd let you know what my situation was when purchasing my Zed ...

I was all up for buying a 53 plate import and got a quote from a comparison site .. only to find that when I called the insurers up to confirm the details, their system didn't register that it was an import ... anyway after they corrected the mistake the insurance went up by a £1000.

I was 28 at the time with 5 years NCB and in the end I didn't purchase that particular car ... I thought it made more sense to purchase a UK Spec Zed for £1000 more and save on the insurance every year ...

Just make sure that they have the details correct on their system before you commit to buying the car ... I lost out on a £250 deposit for the first zed ...

Good luck mate!

:thumbs:

If the car is an import then it should be a fairlady. Some insurance companies don't know the difference and a few times I have had trouble with my 53 import. You just need to make sure the give the insurance company all the right details and they should be able to sort you out. I had a little trouble with Chris Knott as it only went back to 2004 so they have put it down as 2004 and then put a note on saying that its a 2003 (53 plate) import.

......er, Fairlady is what the Jap's call the 350Z, so if it's an import then thats what it's called. :surrender:

+1 :thumbs:

Also you might want to check how much the Road Tax is going to be on that Zed using the link below:

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPor ... le+Enquiry

I think the tax band is based on when the vehicle was first registered rather than the year of manufacture... and you could end up on the higher road tax band ... unless the vehicle was registered as a PLG vehicle, in which case you'd be better off ... :wacko:

If you get the quote and then call up Bell they will change it to 2002. I done this and got £30 off the quote.

Your quote looks really expensive - are you leaving it on the street in a dodgy area or something? Have you tried putting a female on your insurance as well?