Interior bulbs-xenon or blue/white effect.

rickya

I have the super bright JDM interior bulbs which is like turning on a dull tube light! I want to replace these with lower wattage ones.

1) what is the type of bulb I need to buy & what lower wattage rating?

2)Is there a xenon type or blue light bulb avaliable rather than the normal yellowy light? (new lexus has lovely blue very subtle interior lights & also Audi)

3)Where from?

Thanks,

Ricky.

Found out today

Visionbulbs from US: £13.70 + £6.50 p&p= £20.20 (5 interior bulbs)

Funky Styling from UK: £6.88 + £1 p&p=£7.88 (2 main interior bulbs)

Iv just ordered mine from Funky styling. B)

for diy guide look in gallery at Val's fitting guide, quite good & seems simple. :thumbs:

Funky Styling from UK: £6.88 + £1 p&p=£7.88 (2 main interior bulbs)

Iv just ordered mine from Funky styling. B)

quote]

Which ones did you order? I'ver looked at Funky's site and can't see anything similar to the Vision bulbs. :headhurt:

• 2 months later...

Got mine form Chris, looks great completely changes the ambience of the interior (that word comes from watching too many home improvement tv programmes!!).

ps though with mine (not sure if same with others) the bulbs are bigger than original ones & blue glass section ends up going into metal clips on holder meaning the metal contacts on bulb do not touch metal contacts on holder. (on 1 side) This is as blue glass is fatter than the metal contacts at the ends. But a simple fix by wrapping a bit of wire around one end of the metal contacts at the end of the bulb.

Hope that confused all of you :wacko: