traction

tre50

Hey guys i just joined today so sorry if this is the wrong spot to post this question but as we all know with irs our cars like to wheel hop sometimes, jw wondering what is a good mod to help prevent that and also what exactly can wheel hop break on our cars

wheel hop, i take it you mean wheel spin, the key to good traction is decent tyres. If your running standard bridgestone re040 tyres this should be your first priority to get some decent rubber as everyone will agree the bridgestones on this car are rubbish

they're the stock 245 bridgestone potenza's and they only have about 2000 miles on them and they're kept at 40 psi, i've been told though that a stiffer suspension and urethane bushing kits can help keep the wheels planted on the ground

they're the stock 245 bridgestone potenza's and they only have about 2000 miles on them and they're kept at 40 psi, i've been told though that a stiffer suspension and urethane bushing kits can help keep the wheels planted on the ground

what miles has your car (specifically the suspension components) done? Do you regularly launch the car or do burnouts and stuff?

The Potenzas when cold might not be helping to be honest if they are 040s. They aren't that good in anything but warm weather. The 050s are much better though.

yeah thats usually when it happens if they're cold they will hop at times and the car only has 22000 miles so i know everything else is fine. what im planning on doing is ordering some urethane bushings putting my 245's up front and ordering 275's for the rear

Should be 35psi for stock wheels and tyres

That's what it says on the door shuts. Surely Nissan are right with this? Or am I put too much faith in them :lol:

TRE50 I must say it sounds like you are canning the car rather hard. Are you talking it to RWUB's??

Bradders.

I know what he means...mine does the same when you wheelspin on wet tarmac...and yes bushings supposedly help but cant confirm yet...its got nothing to do with the tyres...its when the rear axle is hoping like a rampant rabbit ;):lol:

ps tyre pressure at 35...40 is for lorries!!! :teeth:

To over come this problem on the Zed I fitted adjustable anti-tramp bars to mine.

Anti-tramp bars effectively stop the back axle from ‘hopping’ under hard acceleration.

Running the REO40s at 40psi certainly will not help and neither will giving it beans before the rubber is up to temp.

I run 600bhp and experience no hop at all from the rear axle when getting the power down.

Alex.

To over come this problem on the Zed I fitted adjustable anti-tramp bars to mine.

Anti-tramp bars effectively stop the back axle from ‘hopping’ under hard acceleration.

Running the REO40s at 40psi certainly will not help and neither will giving it beans before the rubber is up to temp.

I run 600bhp and experience no hop at all from the rear axle when getting the power down.

Alex.

Now why are you doing this to me??? :angry:

let me try adam's bushings first and then i ll get in touch with you... ;):lol:

That's what it says on the door shuts. Surely Nissan are right with this? Or am I put too much faith in them :lol:

When I was having many issues with my Zed, one of the things we did was go back to the importer of the tyres, and they totally verified 35psi is the correct pressure to run at.

Even with 2k on the tyres, they must be showing a tiny bit of centre wear?