The Budget

Andy

i would say its better than a kick in the balls, but to be honest with the amount they already coin out of us and how expensive it is in comparison to the actual oil price. i'd rather have the kick in the balls thank you very much.

they could have at least postponed it until after the election.

i would say its better than a kick in the balls, but to be honest with the amount they already coin out of us and how expensive it is in comparison to the actual oil price. i'd rather have the kick in the balls thank you very much.

Well I cant afford to have kids in this day and age, so think I'd rather have a kick in the balls too :lol:

I agree, from what I can see, they are trying to appease everybody...look responsible whilst trying to giving people as much of a break as possible. ISA limits have been raised which is good and I guess they are trying to promote savings and trying to stimulate the property market by raising the stamp duty level to 1/4 mill.

well from someone whose now going through his first house purchase im alittle bit excited! Ive read through the increase in stamp duty threshold to 250k but ive only found one website that has said it goes into action from midnight tonight! :yahoo: Did anyone listen live to that particular point as im still unsure if thats actually happening. If so it saves me £1500 as only now agreed a buying price on the property.

well from someone whose now going through his first house purchase im alittle bit excited! Ive read through the increase in stamp duty threshold to 250k but ive only found one website that has said it goes into action from midnight tonight! :yahoo: Did anyone listen live to that particular point as im still unsure if thats actually happening. If so it saves me £1500 as only now agreed a buying price on the property.

Midnight tonight is correct.

I got screwed over by that 5 years ago when I bought my first house. The stamp duty was raised not long after I bought. £3500 down the pan. Thanks Labour. :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

That must have been annoying Stew, its kind of a last minute thing as we have agreed a mortgage and an asking price with solicitors but it still has the stamp duty in the paperwork, does this mean its to late? we havent agreed a moving in date or transfered any money yet though..

That's one for your solicitor but my stamp duty was payable on the day I collected the keys. Sounds like you just landed a little brucie bonus!

Midnight tonight is correct.

I got screwed over by that 5 years ago when I bought my first house. The stamp duty was raised not long after I bought. £3500 down the pan. Thanks Labour. :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

yeah i lost £2500 to the same theiving gits :dry: