STOLEN - ONE OF MY CARS

H5

Update for you all........

The car has been found and has been for over a week, but the police never saw fit to tell me. It has been in storage since then and got a letter today saying where it was....... minus the wheels.

If anyone has offered a set of OZ Superleggeras recently painted in a glossy anthracite with Yokohama A539's on two and Dunlop Sort SP 8/9000 on the others, please let me know.

Thanks all for your comments,

Yours royally f@%ked off,

H5.

Sorry to hear that mate......

Make sure they don't try charging you for the storage! (which I've heard in the past) :dry:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edited: 17" 205/40 R17

They recovered it on 22nd, and tell me now!! Now they're telling me I have to provide keys and wheels for it!!! :rant::angry:

Bet the thing is covered in bloody finger print dusting and been pulled apart to look for clues etc.

Any idea on the girls condition H5???

Will find out when they tell me where it is / when the recovery have picked it up for a second time from the lab. Not sure how they plan to 'pick it up' with no wheels though.........???

Edited: 17" 205/40 R17

They recovered it on 22nd, and tell me now!! Now they're telling me I have to provide keys and wheels for it!!! :rant::angry:

Bet the thing is covered in bloody finger print dusting and been pulled apart to look for clues etc.

At least the dust is proof that they have finger printed which means they're trying to catch the scum.... :thumbs:

Sorry to hear all this by the way...

Any idea on the girls condition H5???

Will find out when they tell me where it is / when the recovery have picked it up for a second time from the lab. Not sure how they plan to 'pick it up' with no wheels though.........???

probably just dragged it up the ramp of a towtruck :scare:

I've got to provide them with wheels for them to move it. When they found it they used wheel skates which involves jacking (or lowering off the bricks!) the car onto little moveable beds.

So, I need to find three wheels (spare still in the car) to move it, and give them the keys. Joy.

I've got to provide them with wheels for them to move it. When they found it they used wheel skates which involves jacking (or lowering off the bricks!) the car onto little moveable beds.

So, I need to find three wheels (spare still in the car) to move it, and give them the keys. Joy.

Surely this should be the insurance companies responsibility???

I was thinking exactly the same , what do we pay the premium for??...just this sort of scenario

I was thinking exactly the same , what do we pay the premium for??...just this sort of scenario

You would've thought so but they're doing everything in their power to not help or pay out at the moment. So it falls on me while the Financial Ombudsman pick up my case.

I've really upset someone in a former life!! :blush:

Did anyone see the program last week where they set up criminals, stealing from cars (20 minutes for a bag on the seat?)

They also showed how easy it was to steal a car which had a transponder key fitted (like our Zeds)

I wont post how they did it, but I was shocked how easy it was (I used to work in the automotive security division making the keys and locks and thought the transponder linked to the car would be difficult to by pass). He took 2 minutes.

The only thing that would stop him (he said) was a thatchem Cats 1 fitted alarm/ imobilers. The standard car alarm system was no problem to him.

I understand why insurance ask for this now !

Did anyone see the program last week where they set up criminals, steeling from cars (20 minutes for a bag on the seat?)

They also showed how easy it was to steel a car witch had a transponder key fitted (like our Zeds)

I wont post how they did it, but I was shocked how easy it was (I used to work in the automotive security division making the keys and locks and thought the transponder linked to the car would be difficult to by pass). He took 2 minutes.

The only thing that would stop him (he said) was a thatchem Cats 1 fitted alarm/ imobilers. The standard car alarm system was no problem to him.

I understand why insurance ask for this now !

I thought the alarm/immoboliser fitted to the UK zed was a cat 1 type?

is it different on a JDM?

Sorry H5 but it's not your fault. How are they trying to wriggle out of it - House Insurance route???

Technicalities on cover note times. The car had been added to another policy I've got (for another car, not the Zed) and was on temporary notes. They're arguing timings atm. To be honest, it's looking like I won't be claiming at the moment........

And yes the Zed is Cat 1 as far as I know.

All that was said was the factory fitted alarm was easy to get round (on most cars) and the imobiliser that was in the key was no issue due to what he did inside the car (it was so simple)

He recomended that you fit a better alarm/imobiliser ( i took that as cats 1 !!!!!! )

The car was a Merc sports i think.