STOLEN - ONE OF MY CARS

H5

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

H5 so sorry mate, just caught up with this thread :rant: Hope you and your family are o.k

Personally I always take my keys to bed.... If they really want them they'll get em, but no point imo making it easy for the mother fu**ing barstewards :angry:

I've no intention of putting my missus at risk for a car! The keys can stay dowstairs.

H5 so sorry mate, just caught up with this thread :rant: Hope you and your family are o.k

Personally I always take my keys to bed.... If they really want them they'll get em, but no point imo making it easy for the mother fu**ing barstewards :angry:

I've no intention of putting my missus at risk for a car! The keys can stay dowstairs.

Why does she sleep in a separate bed??? :p

Must be horrible indeed to have people wandering around in your house.

How come the neighbour didn't call you at the time? Didn't she have your phone number?

You could have gone after them, although that might be a bit dangerous as well...

People should stop taking other people's property!

I did exactly that, took the HT leads out, not to mention a couple of other surprises!! ;)

It's hard to call isn't it. Protect your property at the risk of yourself. If someone wants it badly enough, they'll get it. All I can do is make it as hard as possible to get in.

As another point, the SOCO that cam round took the details of this site and a few others I gave her (hope you don't mind). She wants to get a network going of the following things: -

1. Updates on what the latest scam is and how we can guard against it

2. How to mark property (wheels etc) so if stolen they can be reunited with you (she reckons the can't get 90% of what they find back to original owners!)

3. Stolen car 'in your area' arrangement for swift spread of news

What do you think??

Hoping it turns up in the next 24hrs.

As another point, the SOCO that cam round took the details of this site and a few others I gave her (hope you don't mind). She wants to get a network going of the following things: -

1. Updates on what the latest scam is and how we can guard against it

2. How to mark property (wheels etc) so if stolen they can be reunited with you (she reckons the can't get 90% of what they find back to original owners!)

3. Stolen car 'in your area' arrangement for swift spread of news

What do you think??

That sounds like a great Idea - no problem in posting up in th news section if a members car goes missing, or indeed if there are any scams we should be aware of.

There certainly seems to be a few Z scams on Ebay at the moment!

I hope your car turns up and thats its in a decent state. I had a car nicked once, and looking back Im glad they gutted it, as I dont think it would have ever been the same, knowing it had been stolen.

Hope it gets sorted quickly for you.

I had a car stolen once. It wrote off two police cars off in the chase before ending up in a lampost. The funny thing was when I went to see the car at the police station they asked me if the welding kit on the back seat was mine. I said what welding kit.

I had a car stolen once. It wrote off two police cars off in the chase before ending up in a lampost. The funny thing was when I went to see the car at the police station they asked me if the welding kit on the back seat was mine. I said what welding kit.

WTF!!! :scare: Professionals :rant:

Mate had one on his Cossie. Demon Tweeks and others sell them, just means losing the airbag and controls etc..... A trade off decision to be made!

The effect on the insurance looks like the killer.... :thumbdown:

I'll keep my eye's peeled too. Someone down our road had two beemers nicker last week, so it sounds like a gang

There's been a spate of it going around in the area. Keep yours safe too!!

As for getting the info out, I'm happy to write up a couple of posts etc. that can be put up as stickys somewhere if the mods are happy to support it? Let me know.

I'll also see if I can get onto the SOCO about them passing us up to date info on the latest tricks etc.

Yes - info on latest tricks etc being used would be useful - but obviously we have to be aware of not making these awareness notices resemble a "how to nick a car" type guide.

General info rather than specific details is the key. Or indeed if the police have advice on how to prevent a certain type of theft, then that would be good.

Yes - info on latest tricks etc being used would be useful - but obviously we have to be aware of not making these awareness notices resemble a "how to nick a car" type guide.

General info rather than specific details is the key. Or indeed if the police have advice on how to prevent a certain type of theft, then that would be good.

Absolutely, it'll be down to what to avoid doing, what to do to beef things up and what to keep an eye out for.

Can it be locked to members that have posts below a certain number to prevent it being generally available?

Thats a nightmare H5, I hope you get the car back in one piece :angry:

As every one has already said its a good thing it wasnt your Z or Elise.

Can it be locked to members that have posts below a certain number to prevent it being generally available?

Maybe the info could be PM'd to members on request at the admins discression??

Absolutely, it'll be down to what to avoid doing, what to do to beef things up and what to keep an eye out for.

Im sure this is a possibility, will have to look into it if/when we create the area.

Update for you all........

The car has been found and has been for over a week, but the police never saw fit to tell me. It has been in storage since then and got a letter today saying where it was....... minus the wheels.

If anyone has offered a set of 17" OZ Superleggeras recently painted in a glossy anthracite with Yokohama A539's on two and Dunlop Sort SP 8/9000 on the others, please let me know. (205/40 R17)

Thanks all for your comments,

Yours royally f@%ked off,

H5.