STOLEN - ONE OF MY CARS

H5

Sorry if this is the wrong place, my Volvo 440 has been stolen in the last hour off my driveway.

Green Volvo 440, OZ Superlegerra alloys, tinted windows, Touring Car rear spoiler, H5 RLP number.

Please keep an eye out in the Berkshire area!! :angry:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't damage the Zed no. Phew!

They've broken into my house and stolen the keys to that and the Elise. There were three of them so I guess that's why they took the Volvo. Volvo was fully spec'd up, Clifford alarm, two immobilisers etc. All useless when they've got the keys!!

So, no wallet, no keys, lost a car and getting mad!!

Off out to see if I can see anything. The thing isn't exactly subtle. Just heard about a ram raid in the next village...... :(:mad:

Yep, I was asleep upstairs at the time with the missus. I was woken by a policeman at the top of my stairs calling 'Police, who's there'!!!

They've got in using some contraption through the front door to unlock the front door, come in and taken anything in the hallway. All keys and wallets are normally locked away but I was woken Saturday morning at 3am too after a mate had been in a serious car accident - went to bed in a daze at 9.30 last night!! :blush:

Ram raid probably not mine having been and seen the site.

They'd just seriously better hope I don't find out exactly who it is......

:boxing:

Guest prescience

Very sorry to hear this mate :rant: - I'm in your area and will of course keep an eye out. How did the cops get onto it - this seems rather efficient for the Thames Valley boys by their normal standards.

A neighbour works shifts and saw someone pushing it off the driveway and thought it was strange (NSS!!)

Rang the police and watched them drive off with it. She called at 2.46am and I wwas woken at 3.05 am. Not bad!

Cheers Val, all done.

Best piece of help of the night:

Rang a bank to tell them. They cancelled the card and then said that someone had tried to use the card at 3.26 and 3.27 this morning. Said it was at 1 The Triangle. I asked her where that was - response - phone back Monday!!!!!!! Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh!! :angry: Much pushing was done but no more info. Policeman was going nuts as they had cars out looking for it!!

Not much help, but just another quick ' sorry and the b**tards' from me!

Where i live in N.Ireland is quite a moneyed place and in our row of 7 Houses we've had two of them broken into via front door just for keys! Seems to be the thing these days :rant:

Whats kinda silly about the second one is that after the first, the police went through all the remainding houses on row and advised us all to keep keys etc upstairs outta way. So next night the gits came back and got the 2nd house in row! Guess some people just dont listen.

Hope whoever it is gets caught and you get everything all sorted asap, good luck

Guest prescience
Cheers Val, all done.

Best piece of help of the night:

Rang a bank to tell them. They cancelled the card and then said that someone had tried to use the card at 3.26 and 3.27 this morning. Said it was at 1 The Triangle. I asked her where that was - response - phone back Monday!!!!!!! Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh!! :angry: Much pushing was done but no more info. Policeman was going nuts as they had cars out looking for it!!

The Triangle is in Tilehurst mate

Two thoughts.

First, what are these numpties doing nicking such a distinctive and low value (no offence, mate) car? I can only assume they took the risk breaking in to get the Elise or the Zed.

Second, I can't agree with taking the keys etc upstairs. Plenty of these scumbags are quite happy to deal with any resistance from the homeowner and may well come looking. Unless you're pretty handy, my view is that a car/wallet etc can be replaced but you or your loved ones being attacked is to be avoided at all costs.

Hope they get the bastards for you, mate! Get Ming on the case - he'll sort it! ;)

Guest prescience
Excellent, cheers! Will pass it on to the police.

They were thinking Winnersh Triangle....!!

That's not too bright of them TBH.

Its here

http://uk2.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi? ... r3=&addr1=

There is a typical parade of shops there IIRC (near where I used to get my 306 serviced); dental practice, take-away, hairdressers that type of thing, dodgy but not dangerous area. The car might well turn up at Tilehurst railway station :)

Two thoughts.

First, what are these numpties doing nicking such a distinctive and low value (no offence, mate) car? I can only assume they took the risk breaking in to get the Elise or the Zed.

Second, I can't agree with taking the keys etc upstairs. Plenty of these scumbags are quite happy to deal with any resistance from the homeowner and may well come looking. Unless you're pretty handy, my view is that a car/wallet etc can be replaced but you or your loved ones being attacked is to be avoided at all costs.

Hope they get the bastards for you, mate! Get Ming on the case - he'll sort it! ;)

My thoughts exactly, no idea why, which scares me a bit as they might be coming back for the Elise..... :blush:

I think it may have been opportunists practising getting in and got lucky with finding the keys. They'd have been put away on any other night!! :doh:

As for the material things argument, I agree. It's more that they've been in my house while I was sleeping, stolen my watch (21st b'day present :( ) and scared my girlfriend. The rest is hassle. Quite a lot actually.

Thanks for the tip on locations guys, have passed it on. Apparently it's a Barclays ATM. Have got the local cruisers looking. May not match everyone's taste in cars but they've been great about this.